Tuner Display from G-Major (not sure what I'm missing)

tired_engineer

I'm trying to configure the tuner from the G-Major to display on the GT.

I have "Send Tuner" on the G-Major ON. I have the IA on the GT set up to mute the G-Major's output and turn on the tuner display on the GT and that all works. MIDI cable from the MIDI out on the G-Major to the Remote In on the GT and the cable is good.

What settings does the GT need? I have tried Bidirectional both on and off and but what about MIDI receive channel? That's just for incoming PCs right?

The G-Major isn't the first device downstream of the GT on the MIDI network so I tried making it so and that didn't work either.

Anything I'm missing? :?:

Sounds like you have it all correct. Is this an original G-Major or a G-Major 2? I've only tested against GMaj2. If you have a PC or Mac with a MIDI interface, capturing some of the messages the G-Major is sending would be really helpful in debugging.

FYI, the tuner messages are done using Sysex, so the MIDI channel is not an issue.

It's the original G-Major but I think the functionality is the same. I'll capture the MIDI messages tonight. You can set a Sysex ID on the G-Major. Would this have any impact?

We ignore the sysex ID, but there are some bytes in the message that I had to guess the meaning of. One of them might indicate whether the device is a G-Major or G-Major 2 - if that's the case, I'll need to change how we handle that.

When the Tuner Send on the G-Major is turned on it sends the following sysex

F0 00 20 1F 00 48 70 01* 12* F7

Those with the * vary with the note the tuner is reading it appears.

Aha! One byte is different. I will sneak in the fix for the final 1.1.

Thanks for the info!

Back