Tuner Mode Recovery (unmuting)

ChrisConteGuitar

I am having a issue with the connected MEG x unmuting when I exit the tuner mode. I set up a Global IA (my Boost pedal) as a "Hold" button and I just the hold function to enter into Tuner mode. This seemed to work fine at first. However, lately, when I enter "Tuner Mode", obviously the signal is muted, and when I get out of "Tuner Mode", the GT 10 appears to go back to its normal IA mode, but the MEG X stays muted. I have to restart the power to get audio back. Sometimes I can recovery the audio if I cycle through the Tuner mode a couple of times.

Thoughts?

How are you getting out of tuner mode? Does that method include an action that disables the tuner on the MEGX?

Hi Ron. Under the "Hold Function" menu in the GT editor, I have 2 actions:

1.) MEG X: Tuner / CC Toggle #119 off:0 on:127
2.) System / Tuner

The way it works is when I "Hold" the button, and enter "Tuner" mode. Then, to exit, I "Hold" the button again and it returns to the IA mode for the boost pedal. I have not made any changes on the MEG X software itself.

Hi Ron, here is my GT10 file. Have a look and perhaps you will see something obvious.

Attachments

• CCMM10-090521.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I am having a issue with the connected MEG x unmuting when I exit the tuner mode. I set up a Global IA (my Boost pedal) as a "Hold" button and I just the hold function to enter into Tuner mode. This seemed to work fine at first. However, lately, when I enter "Tuner Mode", obviously the signal is muted, and when I get out of "Tuner Mode", the GT 10 appears to go back to its normal IA mode, but the MEG X stays muted. I have to restart the power to get audio back. Sometimes I can recovery the audio if I cycle through the Tuner mode a couple of times.

Thoughts?
That sounds like exactly the problem I reported previously. Today at rehearsal I used the tuner 4 times and 2 of those times I had to reboot the Meg x to get it to unmute. https://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/inde...sses-to-get-meg-x-tuner-to-return-audio.5149/

Last edited:
I will be working on this issue soon, I need to update the MEGX editor so that it can do firmware updates.
Perfect. I’m having the same issue using a GT 22 to control the MEGX. Seems if I palm mute the strings and wait for the “?” On the GT screen it returns audio every time I switch back, but if it’s taking in any readings the audio won’t return.

Well, things have improved - I have allocated the tuning function to one of the two buttons on an external auxiliary switch, and it works reliably (so far).

Back