Tuner to mute all loops

It seems as though the tuner only mutes the output, not the loops. This causes issues in two scenarios:

1. When the preset is on a swell preset with a long sustain, the output is muted during tuning but unmuting can cause the remnants of the swell preset to ring out. Happened to my friend who borrowed my board this morning!

2. When one of the loops goes to an external output (like a line mixer). If the external output just goes to the amp (without returning to the PBC) the tuner does not mute it.

You can edit the tuner button and add actions to turn off the loops as well. You'll need to switch presets to get back to the saved loop configuration, but it'l do the job.

I setup my tuner button to turn off all loops and turn my wet effects mix to 0 to achieve this. Am I doing it correctly?

+1 on this, but with some additional features.

I am using tuner with input mute instead of output mute. I have my delay and reverb in loop 6 which is always on and I want to let the delay repeats be heard when I am tuning. Yes, I can place my delay after PBC, but I keep them in loop 6 to have output mono mixdown available. I can hear a little sound when tuning with only input muted. In case any loop with some heavy gain pedal is on, the sound is amplified. I have read in another thread that this has something to do with relay matrix spillover and I am ok with this. But it would be great to have option to select which loops should be turned off when tuning (in my case every loop except the last one), remember their state and revert it back when tuner is off. This would get rid of muted signal amplification by heavy gain pedals in active loops.

Back