Tuners for Mastermind GT

First time poster here, but im looking for a tuner with Midi output as I want it to display on my Mastermind. Some of the ones recommended are quite pricy, and I am wanting to limit putting another pedal on my board. Is there anything anyone has had experience with a tuner that's reasonably priced, that's not a amp modelers, or anything other than just a tuner? IF not, is there some method which I can use the expression pedal outputs, or external switches output?

Last edited:
There are no dedicated tuners I know of that have MIDI support. The 3rd party devices that we know of that can send tuner data over MIDI are the Axe-Fx, Kemper Profiler and the TC Electronic G-Major. Our upcoming Mini Effect Gizmo X will also have this ability.

There's no way to send tuner data over anything other than MIDI, I'm sorry to say.

The tuner would be a function of the gizmo x? Or would it need something additional, or is it a feature available out of box? Would I need to update the mastermind firmware?

It's a built in function, no additional hardware required. The only thing you need to insure is that there's a direct MIDI connection between the MEGX and Mastermind, no other MIDI devices in between.

The Mastermind needs to have firmware 4.6.1 or higher.

It's a built in function, no additional hardware required. The only thing you need to insure is that there's a direct MIDI connection between the MEGX and Mastermind, no other MIDI devices in between.

The Mastermind needs to have firmware 4.6.1 or higher.
So if I had something like a DAW or MPC sending midi clock and other messages to the GT-22, but also wanted to use the tuner function of the mini effects gizmo x, would I be able use the 5-pin DIN midi input on the GT-22 for the MFG X, and then use the USB input for the DAW/MPC?

Thanks Ron, looking forward for the mfg x to arrive in the coming weeks!

So if I had something like a DAW or MPC sending midi clock and other messages to the GT-22, but also wanted to use the tuner function of the mini effects gizmo x, would I be able use the 5-pin DIN midi input on the GT-22 for the MFG X, and then use the USB input for the DAW/MPC?

Thanks Ron, looking forward for the mfg x to arrive in the coming weeks!

Yes, you can do that.

MEGX received, tuner functionality working so far with GT-22! Gonna test soon while receiving midi clock/midi messages from daw and mpc via usb in as well.

Back