Understanding Loop order Pre/Post gain

Jhansenku

Maybe a dumb question, but I’m using a multi modulation pedal in one of my loops (terraform) Some of the effects are better placed Pregain and some Post gain or in my Amps effects loop. Some effects like chorus, dimension, Tremelo effects go better in the effects loop, post gain which is after the = sign on loop order? If I want to put effects from pedal pregain, do i just place them right before the = sign? Like univibe, phaser, auto wah, filter. Or would I put it at the beginning of all of the loops?
I have a volume pedal that is a plus sign and effects loop is =, I believe?
Of note, I mainly use my 3 channel amps gain stages. Channel one clean, channel 2 crunch and and channel 3 lead. Suhr PT15.
So my global order is:
Loop 1 compressor
Loop 2 Rockett Archer
Loop 4 Protein blue side drive
Loop 7 Protein green side drive
Loop 5 Strymon Iridium
+ volume pedal
Loop 8 Terraform
= effects loop
Loop 6 SA Collider
Loop 8 Terraform
Loop 3 EP pre

The + sign is insert 1 - it controls whatever's connected to the tip of the insert loop send and return. The = sign is insert 2, and it controls whatever's connected to the ring of insert loop send and return. If you have insert 2 connected to your amp's effect loop, then anything before it in the loop order is pre gain, and anything after is post gain.

The + sign is insert 1 - it controls whatever's connected to the tip of the insert loop send and return. The = sign is insert 2, and it controls whatever's connected to the ring of insert loop send and return. If you have insert 2 connected to your amp's effect loop, then anything before it in the loop order is pre gain, and anything after is post gain.
Thanks Ron, that helps! Yes the = is my effects loop then. And the + is my volume pedal. Someone else built this for me and I’m still learning! It’s coming together though!
What’s the best way to get the internal tuner? When I hold down the function button, it’s just stores the preset. I’ve read something about 2nd preset?
I have my global sound set up on my 2nd preset right now. Which is a nice feature BTW.

There are many ways to set it up, you can allocate any button to any function. Out of the box, if you hold the Function button on the presets page, it will engage the tuner. Holding the Function button on any other page stores the current loop selections.

Back