Unique numbering for presets

Lars Bøgh

It would be very nice if an unique number could be assigned to a preset, once created. - This number should stay the same, even if you drag and drop the preset.

I like to order my presets alphabetical, but with the new feature "Alternate preset", you identify the preset via the number in the leftmost column. - Now if you create a new preset, which is moved in front of a referenced preset, preset no. 16 becomes preset no. 17. - As a result the "alternate preset" points at a wrong preset!!

The idea should be that presets is identified in "alternate preset" via this unique number, which will stay the same no matter where you move it.

I’m not sure that the above is really necessary for the user to have access to (assigning a number to presets ourselves is just more work and messy)....however, Ron he is right. Adding a preset above the alternate does make the preset that points to that alternate get off by 1. Is there a way to increment the numbers when you do this? Or do we just have to do it manually?

I would think it could do this on its own. Similar to the way a Song knows which presets to look for even when you change the order of the presets.

Yes, I think that the best solution is to update alternate preset numbers when presets are moved, in the same way that the preset numbers within songs are updated. I will try to get that into 4.0.1.

Back