Updated PBC powered board!

jluparello

I've used most of the same pedals and setup for close to 10 years. I might swap a pedal in/out every once in a while to try something new but I had my tone dialed in and didn't have much need for change. I used a Road Rage 8 loop switcher. This did nothing more than bring all of my stomp buttons to the front of my board for less dramatic tap dancing. I slammed all 8 pedals into the front of my amp. I finally decided to make some bigger changes - all centered around the PBC. Now I have presets for each song in our setlist(s) and can access multiple pedals with the push of a single button. Delay and reverb sent out to the amp's effects loop. And thanks to a gnarly little mod supplied from Microdesignum I can really unlock my POG2 to change presets off midi PCs. I can use the POG2 in multiple places in the same song but with completely different settings, stacked with other pedals, driven from a PBC preset. I don't know if I can ever go back to the old way now! I'm using the same Pedaltrain board I've used forever so I had to get creative with the layout to make everything fit with the increased size of the PBC vs my old RR looper.

What's old...
IMG_1236.jpg

...is NEW!!!
IMG_1935.jpg

I have the POG 2 mod kit as well. How hard is it to install?
it's not too bad! you just have to think through cable runs ahead of time. i did not but got lucky... for the midi cable i ordered one from bpta since the pins are configurable and i can rotate the angle based on the position on my board. but boy does that thing pay for itself!! it completely unlocks the POG. in one song i go from organ-like swells in the intro to +1 in the bridge to -1, -2 in the outro just by stepping through the song presets. it's amazing. there is a slight delay if you're switching between two presets back-to-back so you can hear the transition between them but it's not a deal breaker.

Thanks! What did you use to drill the midi connector holes?

I don’t have much soldering experience so that has me a little worrried…

Thanks! What did you use to drill the midi connector holes?

I don’t have much soldering experience so that has me a little worrried…
i used a center punch to mark the positions and a step bit to get the holes drilled properly. use the template they give you and it really helps a ton. i will say, the directions weren't super clear but i was able to get it all sorted. the soldering was relatively easy. you just have to mind the iron when connecting to the circuit board. i'm happy to offer any tips or guidance if you want to shoot me a message.

Back