Use H9 Tuner instead of the built in tuner...

ok, so maybe this is something that can already be done but it’s been hard to figure out.

I want to be able to use the H9’s tuner but to be able I have to set the the midi cc to activate and then deactivate on moving to another preset. Is there a way to do this I’m missing?

Let me re phrase that: I looking for a way to disengage the tuner on the H9 without having to program an additional CC on every other preset to turn it off. Maybe an off setting like in the previous firmware?

The best way to do it is define a button that controls the H9's tuner. You can even put it on a page you don't normally use, just make sure Max Page in global settings is set to be greater than or equal to the page number. Turn on Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change for that button. Now, you can program that button to be on or off for each preset, and the button will automatically send the on or off messages on every preset change. Since the default state is off, you will only need to edit the presets where the tuner needs to turn on. All other presets will automatically turn it off.

Yes, you can set up the global preset to turn off the outputs, and to send the appropriate CC to the H9. I still recommend setting up a button to control the H9 tuner, because that's what will generate the CC message to the H9. You can program the button to turn on in the global preset, and leave it off for every other preset. That way, the tuner will automatically be triggered when you select the global preset, and it will automatically turn off when you select a different preset.

Awesome! so I set up the button and to make it work perfect You have to set the off value to 127 as well for it to toggle back every time. Thanks you!

Back