Using an effect Gizmo on the pedalboard?

trulsux

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone use their Effect Gizmo on the pedalboard? Is it tuff enough or should it be placed in a rack?
Pics and suggestions from people doing this ( if any) would be great!!

Cheers/
Truls

Have a look at this:

http://www.pedalgear.net/page20/page20.html

I asked a similar question and Ron said that it can be done. I have decided to go mini rack instead and keep the stage footprint small, but I think this would be a great project (I may still build one in the future).

I was going to build mine with just one surface elevated to allow the EG to mount in the back with the control panel facing the audience. I didn't get past scale drawings but basically it was going to be 18x32 inches with 1/2 inch ply frame and an opaque polycarbonate top. This would allow room for the power supply and Mini Line Mixer beside the EG under the top with all the guitar and amp I/O on the back panel too.

Just do it!

:)

I always think it's best to keep it in a rack, but if you install it under an angled or elevated pedalboard, it will be protected enough. I wouldn't recommend putting anything on top of the EG.

The greater potential for damage at floor level made me review the pedalboard idea. Even with it under polycarbonate (indestructible!) and surrounded by ply its still on the floor where someone else could do something really stupid to it, hence the small rack.
I think the pedalboard concept will work and I may still do it one day, ultimately that decision may be influenced by the kind of environments you play in.

Out of interest, what are you wanting to achieve with your gear?

I used to have Bradshaw system, but went back to using pedalboards. Now I`ve got to many
things happening at the same time and want more control but still keeping it small.
I have a Trailer trash board and need to be able to both switch in pedals and amps and
the Effect Gizmo can do all the things I need ( I think ) without having to get 2 mini E.G a mini
Amp Gizmo and a Y-not.........just need to know if the E.G is tuff enough

/ Truls

Back