Using CC actions with Eventide H9

middle_pickup

So I have a cool blackhole reverb preset on my H9 that I use for a lot of things. I have this one preset on my PBC that I assigned a CC action to adjust the mix of that blackhole reverb. It works well, but now I'm having an issue when I move onto another PBC preset. That blackhole reverb retains the adjustments from the CC action, and doesn't bounce back to its default state. How can I keep this from happening?

So I have a cool blackhole reverb preset on my H9 that I use for a lot of things. I have this one preset on my PBC that I assigned a CC action to adjust the mix of that blackhole reverb. It works well, but now I'm having an issue when I move onto another PBC preset. That blackhole reverb retains the adjustments from the CC action, and doesn't bounce back to its default state. How can I keep this from happening?
I use IA Cycle Steps for the same application.
First set up an IA Button and check Send on Pre set change, Update on PresetChange and IA cycle. The first System/step action type is: none. Device is :H9
Now every time you change presets the mix cc does not effect the new preset.
Next Add a System/Step with the Action type CC Toggle Device H9 CC# 22 off value 0 on Value= what volume you want on the H9 mix amount 1 to 127.
I do this two more times so I can have a total of 3 programmable volumes from one button.
I am hoping Ron adds more cycle steps as I am taking up 4 buttons Just for H9 volumes.
Lastly in Cycle steps you can program Name and Color. I use black for the first bypass step.

First set up an IA Button and check Send on Pre set change, Update on PresetChange and IA cycle. The first System/step action type is: none. Device is :H9
Next Add a System/Step with the Action type CC Toggle Device H9 CC# 22 off value 0 on Value= what volume you want on the H9 mix amount 1 to 127.
I do this two more times so I can have a total of 3 programmable volumes from one button.
I am hoping Ron adds more cycle steps as I am taking up 4 buttons Just for H9 volumes.
Lastly in Cycle steps you can program Name and Color. I use black for the first bypass step.
Of course! Thank you for this help! I forgot you can make IA buttons. I haven't made any changes to my .rjm file in like 9 months, so all the knowledge I had on this deep device must have evaporated from my brain. Ugh.

Thanks again for this fix!

Okay. I've been working on this for several hours now, and I can't get any form of IA button to do what I need.

Just to explain again what I'm trying to do...I have a reverb preset on my H9. There are two presets on my PBC that use this reverb in the song I'm working on right now. I need the second PBC preset to send CC actions to that reverb. In order to make sure that the reverb snaps back to its original settings when I move back to the first PBC preset again I'm attaching these CC actions to an IA button as Charlie suggested above.

I'm attaching my .rjm file for anyone kind enough to help me out. The IA button I've made is on page 4, and it's titled "Bright H9." I can't figure out why it's not changing the settings on my H9.

Attachments

• 2020.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
The first thing I see is that Max Page (in the Globals tab) needs to be set to at least 4. Otherwise, buttons on page 4 will not do anything. The button settings themselves seem ok, though.

Thanks for the "Type: None" tip. It works wonderfully. I added a PC action after the Type: None action to load the default preset on step 1. So I can have 4 programmable volumes instead of 3 -- did I miss anything?

The first thing I see is that Max Page (in the Globals tab) needs to be set to at least 4. Otherwise, buttons on page 4 will not do anything. The button settings themselves seem ok, though.
I just knew it would be something easy like that. Thanks for the help! I've tested your fix, and now it's all working as I hoped!

Thanks for the "Type: None" tip. It works wonderfully. I added a PC action after the Type: None action to load the default preset on step 1. So I can have 4 programmable volumes instead of 3 -- did I miss anything?
Send and Update on Preset Change makes the IA Cycle Button send it's action every time you change presets.
The first step is set to "None" so when i change presets no CC action for Mix Volume is performed by that button.
Therefore whatever mix volume is programed on the actual H9's preset will not be affected by the first step, thus giving you the H9 internal presets programed mix volume or 3 other cycle step mix volumes. Does that equal 3 or 4?
Have you figured out a way around this? Did I miss anything???

Back