Using Effect Gizmo and Amp Gizmo together

u182155

I am building a rig and have an amp gizmo an effects gizmo and a Mastermind GT22. The gear I will be running will be as follows:

Amp - Bogner Ecstacy (in future will get a power amp allowing me to run WDW just using pre amp of Bogner)

Effects:

DBX 160x compressor
Eventide H3000B Ultra Harmonizer
Yamaha SPX90
Lexicon PCM 80
Roland SDD3000
TC Electronic 2290
Fulltone TERC
2-3 in front of amp pedals (in drawer in rack)

I will be getting a line mixer at some point, just need to source one.

I am wondering the optimum way to run the above with Effects and Amp Gizmo. I will be using the Amp gizmo for channel switching on the Bogner, have the appropriate cable.

There's really very little to it, just connect the MIDI output of the Effect Gizmo to the MIDI input of the Amp Gizmo. Make sure both are on different MIDI channels, and make sure the channel settings in the GT match. That's it!

There's really very little to it, just connect the MIDI output of the Effect Gizmo to the MIDI input of the Amp Gizmo. Make sure both are on different MIDI channels, and make sure the channel settings in the GT match. That's it!
Thanks what about the effects gizmo. Given the number of rack units I want to run will it be sufficient?. It is fair to say with the Roland it will only be on one setting, probably the same with the Yamaha. However they will need to be in the amps loop.

You've got 12 loops to work with, so it can definitely handle the list you provided above. You can allocate the last 8 loops for use in the amp's loop, allowing you to have 4 loops in front of the amp.

Started cabling however getting a bit stuck. Using page 11 from the Effect Gizmo manual as a guide. It has a diagram for 1 amp and 8 pedals, 2 effects processors. I will have at this stage 2 pedals which are in loop 1 and 2. My question is around the the jumping that happens between in/10 and out 9/NO, do I need to move this? Does it matter which loop I start my rack units on. ?

Also pre this setup I have a CAE boost pedal that I ran at the start of the effects loop for boost. Need to know where to put it.

Last edited:
If you want to use both loop 9 and loop 10 in the amp's loop, then they will need to be jumped together. (Any of the last 4 loops that you intend to use will need to be jumped together). If you're looking for 4 effects in front and 8 in the loop, the the loop effects should start at loop 5, and move down from there. The boost pedal would most likely go in loop 5.

Is that as they are shown jumped on page 11 of the effect gizmo manual? Is the feed to the amp send and return also in the same spot? I apologise
if that is a stupid question.

Yes, any of loops 9-12 that you want to use together need a connection from first loop output to second loop input.

I've attached a diagram I had saved. It's not exactly what you want, but it's close. It only has two pedals in front and 5 in the loop, but you can add two more pedals in loops 3 and 4. You can also add effects in the amp's loop to loops 10-12, you just need to move the amp's loop return connection to the output of the last loop you're using. And, you'll need to add jumpers between the output of each loop and the input of the next loop.

Attachments

• EG_2Pedals_5Series.pdf
    412.3 KB · Views: 4
Worked perfectly. I do have another question however. I also have a Freidman BE100 and when using it in the same manner I get a wierd signal almost like it is delayed/out of phase? Works perfectly when I use the Bogner 101B, however the Friedman reacts differently?

That's typically what happens when you put a digital effect in a parallel effect loop. I didn't think BE100s had a parallel loop, but if it does, make sure that it's set fully to series. Otherwise, I'm not sure. Start turning things off and/or disocnnecting them to see when the problem goes away.

Back