Using IA Cycle/Steps for rec/play loop while tuning + more

Maracudi

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of configuring what MIDI I can on my new PBC/6X while I gather my last materials for my forthcoming pedalboard build.

The final three pedals connected to the PBC will be, in order, H9-A, H9-B, and a Ventris. I've already added these as devices and am trying to get the function switch to do the following as a Global IA:

Step 1:
* Send CC 101 w/value of 66 to Ventris (to activate)
* Send PC 16 to H9-B (to switch to looper)
* Send CC 88 to H9-B (to activate looper recording)

Step 2:
* Activate PBC tuner
* Send CC 44 to H9-A (to activate the H9 tuner-- I need to silence everything prior to H9-A but leave the H9-B loop + Ventris on)
* Send CC 89 to H9-B (to play loop)

Step 3:
* Send CC 91 to H9-B (to empty looper)

So far it seems like I'm able to do this-- the one issue is that I can't seem to switch out of PBC tuner mode back to my presets. This is especially odd because I have "Any button dismisses tuner" checked in my global Audio settings. For what it's worth, the H9s are a non-issue here because whatever preset I'd be switching to from tuner mode would send fresh algorithm PC messages to them.

Then for the Hold function of the Function Switch, I was hoping I could hold to switch it to Page Up, then scroll through my pages by tapping the switch from there instead of holding. Is that doable?

Thanks in advance for your help! I've included my current settings file as an attachment.

Attachments

• Maracudi PBC6X 11-18-2021.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You don't have any action in there that turns the tuner off. To get a "tuner off" action, you need to do a few extra steps.

- In the Macros tab, create a Macro with a System / Tuner action in it. Make sure "Force State To" is turned on and set the value to "Off"
- Then in step 3 on your button, add an action: System / Macro off:None on:1 (assuming you edited macro #1, change the number as necessary)

That will turn the tuner off when you switch to the 3rd step. The "Any button dismisses tuner" setting should take care of this. I'll have to look into it.

You can set up the Function button that way, you just need to edit the buttons accordingly. The hold function on the first page should be set to Page Up. The normal function on pages 2-16 need to be set to Page Up. If Global was turned on for the Function button, it needs to be turned off so you can have different settings for the Function button on each page.

Hi Ron! Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I followed your instructions with macro creation and then adding it as a step. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem-- after the PBC goes into tuning mode in step 3, I can't do anything to get out other than holding buttons 1 and 3 to go into settings mode, and then hitting button 4 to exit back to my preset page.

I was able to get the hold function of the switch to work as desired, though. Thanks for clarifying the method!

Thanks so much! For the time being it's no worry, I can just remove the PBC tuner mode step and tweak some further settings to use the H9 tuner.

Back