Using One Button to turn off another when one button is in a group and the other isn't - Help Please

seattleguitarist

The problem I am having is this. I have a mastermind gt22 and there is a group of buttons (group 1) that choose scenes on my axe fx iii, along with it the channel switching for my Diezel Hagen. I have another button that is not part of any group that turns off an on the loop of an hx stomp which has an overdrive pedal in it. I want to be able to disable the button for the hx stomp loop whenever I press a specific button that is part of group 1. This way when I am on the clean channel of the amp and want to use the overdrive pedal I can but when I change to a higher gain channel of the amp and want to turn off the overdrive pedal I can do that as well. I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. I have done groups and IA links but for this scenario I can't get any combination to work. Help please and thank you.

I should add that I know how to get the different scene buttons in group 1 to bypass the hx stomp loop where the overdrive pedal is located. But I can’t get it to update the state of the button on the gt22 for the hx stomp loop.

Last edited:
On the HX Stomp button, set IA ID to 1 (or another number if you're using IA ID #1 elsewhere)

Then, on the buttons that you want to turn off the HX Stomp button, add this action: System / Set IA #1 off:None on:0

This will make the buttons turn off the HX Stomp button when they're turned on.

On the HX Stomp button, set IA ID to 1 (or another number if you're using IA ID #1 elsewhere)

Then, on the buttons that you want to turn off the HX Stomp button, add this action: System / Set IA #1 off:None on:0

Worked like a charm!! Thank you!

Well, as I said the fix you gave me worked like a charm for the problem I was having but now I have a new problem. The button that was assigned to turn on and off the hx stomp loop was also sending bypass information to the noise gate on the hx stomp. It no longer work to turn the noise gate on and off once I made the adjustment you suggested to fix the original problem.

Last edited:
When pressing the HX Stomp button directly, it no longer controls the noise gate? But you still have an action on the button that controls the noise gate? If so, please send me your settings file and I can investigate.

When pressing the HX Stomp button directly, it no longer controls the noise gate? But you still have an action on the button that controls the noise gate? If so, please send me your settings file and I can investigate.
No, the button on the mastermind that I assigned to control the loop on the hx stomp was also turning off and on a noise gate inside the hx stomp. Basically I was sending two CC messages with one button on the mastermind. For some reason now the 2nd CC message which turns the hx stomp noise gate on and off is no longer working. It worked prior to fixing the other issue I was having.

Back