Using Selah Scarlett v3's MIDI capabilities with PBC10

sherylmichaela

Hi there, just wondering if anyone here who is able to get your Scarlett v3 to respond to PC messages sent from your PBC?
I'm having a hard time trying to get this to work. Hope someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Might have missed out a crucial step. HALP.

Also, I'm trying to override the Loops button to cycle through the clipping modes following the instructions from another thread but to no avail.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 1.04.11 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 1.04.11 AM.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 1.04.54 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 1.04.54 AM.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 6
Probably the first question to ask is - how do you have the MIDI connection set up? You need an adapter like a MIDI Box from Chase Bliss or Disaster Area to convert from standard MIDI to 1/4-inch. Then, MIDI channel is the next thing to check - the MIDI channel set in the pedal needs to be the same as the MIDI channel set in the PBC.

If all that checks out, I'll probably need to see your settings file to figure out what's going on.

Probably the first question to ask is - how do you have the MIDI connection set up? You need an adapter like a MIDI Box from Chase Bliss or Disaster Area to convert from standard MIDI to 1/4-inch. Then, MIDI channel is the next thing to check - the MIDI channel set in the pedal needs to be the same as the MIDI channel set in the PBC.

If all that checks out, I'll probably need to see your settings file to figure out what's going on.
Oh, do you mean that I can't connect the Scarlett directly using MIDI out on the PBC?

My current setup is:
MIDI out from PBC > Quartz (MIDI Ch10) > Timeline (MIDI Ch3) > Bigsky (MIDI Ch2) > Scarlett (MIDI Ch1)

My mistake, I was thinking of a different pedal. The way you have it connected is fine.

However, one or more of your pedals might not be configured to pass MIDI. I recommend temporarily connecting the PBC's MIDI output directly to the Scarlett's MIDI input and see if it works. If not, check the configuration, try a different cable, etc. If it does work, put the other pedals back and check their configuration. On Strymon pedals, "MIDITH" should be set to Merge. Not sure about the Quartz.

Back