Using the Split Mono feature in the PBC/6X

Recently bought this incredible unit. Will be here this Monday! Question on this, should these TRS Y-Cables be constructed with instrument cables? Will capacitance of normal TRS cables be different than instrument?

Typically, you would use 2 small diameter instrument cables to make an insert cable. TRS cables might have different capacitance than instrument cables. But, there's a lot of variance in capacitance from one type of instrument cable to another, so it depends on which cables you're comparing.

Perfect, thank you both! Would hate to spend all this time wiring up the board as pristine as possible and mitigate the optimization the PBC has with the wrong cable.

Typically, you would use 2 small diameter instrument cables to make an insert cable. TRS cables might have different capacitance than instrument cables. But, there's a lot of variance in capacitance from one type of instrument cable to another, so it depends on which cables you're comparing.
I ended up using 2524 and they sound great. Thanks for the help!

Does using the Insert Loop in Split Mono Mode work the same for the 4 Cable Method or is the Insert Loop best used as it's originally configured for quality of signal and noise when using 4 Cable Method?

I may be sharing the Split Mono Insert Loop with a Pedal for 11 and 4 Cable Method for 10.

You can use the insert loop for that purpose, even when split. The likelihood of a ground loop might increase, but an isolation transformer would fix it if it does happen.

If you split the insert loop on a PBC/6X, does the insert loop's buffer still apply to both + and = sides of split, or just one side?

I would like to know which one going for send and return in pcb... That is, if the Tip goes to the send and the Rig to the return

thanks

I would like to know which one going for send and return in pcb... That is, if the Tip goes to the send and the Rig to the return

thanks
Let's say you're splitting loop 1. The tip of SND1 is loop 1's send, the ring of SND1 is loop 7's send. The tip of RTN1 is loop 1's return, the ring of RTN1 is loop 7's return.

Back