VERSION 1.1 BETA FIRMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's our first firmware upgrade! I'd consider this a beta test for now. A lot of stuff went into the release, but I also left out a lot of requested features for now. There's a critical bug fix that I wanted to get out there ASAP. If your favorite feature didn't get implemented, I apologize, but will try to get to it soon.

Critical Fixes
Fixed a bug that could cause random lockups. Not many people encountered this one, fortunately, but it could affect anyone. Nasty!

Device Support
Added support for:
Axess AC8, CFX4 and GRX8
Line 6 POD HD 500 and POD HD Pro
TC G-Force

New Features
Added a global Preset Offset so you can choose whether the first preset is numbered 0 or 1. This is separate from the preset offset that you can adjust for each device
Added Copy Preset button to Edit Preset page
Added Preset action - assign it to an IA button to jump to a specific preset when the button is pressed
Added Edit Group page to allow some new settings: whether the group can have all buttons off, and whether buttons turned off will send messages
Added More Settings to Edit Devices page - moved Send PC, Send on Preset Change to this page
Added Send Redundant PC setting to Edit Devices / More Settings
Many fixes to the preset edit process, providing more information and user feedback
Editing a program change in Preset Edit will send the appropriate PC message to the connected device so you know you have the right preset selected

Bug Fixes
Fixed Page action
Fixed a bug that prevented changing the color of Page Up/Down buttons

Please give this release a try if you have a chance. It could use some further testing, especially the new device support. I hope to have a manual update later this week, but NAMM may delay that.

I also forgot to mention that I added more characters (like < > / ) that you can use in naming presets,buttons,etc. and fixed things to prevent you from putting illegal characters into filenames.

And for your convenience...

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:

1). Find your USB flash drive that came with the GT. If you don't have that, any PC-formatted flash drive should work.

3). Copy the RJF file onto the drive. (Files ending in ".rjf" are RJM firmware update files) IMPORTANT! The Mastermind GT currently takes the first RJF file it finds, so if there are other RJF files on the drive, be sure to delete them to make sure it reads the right file.

4). "Eject" the drive from your computer -
On PC: Find the thumb drive in the My Computer window, right click on it, then select Eject
On Mac: click the eject (up arrow) icon next to the thumb drive listed under "Devices" in the Finder
*** this step is important because the file may not be written completely to the drive unless you eject

5). Pull the drive from the computer, stick it in your Mastermind GT (which should be powered off).

6). Power up the Mastermind GT, holding the two small buttons below the main display. The display will show a few messages, then will display "Erasing flash...". You can release the buttons at this point.

7). The upgrade process only takes a few seconds, and you're good to go!

Based on the behaviour of my gear with the new firmware, the redundant PC filtering is not working for any device configured as a generic PC/CC device. It works for my POD, Timefactor and G-Major which are configured using the built-in templates but not for my Line 6 M5 or my TC M-One XL which are configured as generic.

I confirmed this with the G-Major since it has a MIDI IN indication that blinks when it received a MIDI command. Configured using the template and toggling between two presets with the same PC, the filtering works and the PC is not sent. Configure it as generic and do the same thing and the PC is sent .

Looks like the filtering setup needs to be revised for generic devices.

In all cases I have Send on Preset ON, Send PC ON, and SndRedundantPC OFF for all devices.

My workaround is to configure these two (M5 and M-One) as G-Majors and just revise CCs etc as required. Not perfect but works. edit: It worked for the M5 but not the M-One. oh well.

After much coaxing, and starting over a couple of times, I have the Redundant PC filtering working for all my devices but I did have to configure the M5 and M-One XL using the G-Major profile and then modifying it. Indeed the Redundant PC filtering for the Generic PC/CC device profile does not work. I haven't found any other issues so far.

This will be fixed for the final 1.1 release. In the meantime, if you enable bank support for the device, redundant PC filtering will work.

Thanks for finding this bug!

So far so good, Ron, thank you! The revised button editing saves a ton of time. Haven't had a lockup since the upgrade, and replacing the bad switch eliminated the really weird behavior. Page buttons work now too!

UPDATE! The firmware above is now 1.1 beta 7. I have added the following bug fixes:

- Fixed the interaction between Redundant PC filtering and devices that have no bank support (Ken's issue above)
- Fixed a bunch of problems in the way songs and setlists were handled
- Fixed interaction between an expression pedal switch and grouped buttons that control the same CC or PCs

Please give it a try, even if you're using 1.1 beta 6 now!

And a double-yep from me - all the song pre-set issues have been sorted in Set List mode.

Ron - as ever a huge thanks; truly awesome stuff.

Great! Thanks for the quick responses. I have yet another update to cover a last minute addition. The feature is pretty obscure (allowing you to group the expression pedal switch with "real" buttons). It's basically an improvement on the third fix listed under 1.1b7. I just want to make sure I didn't accidentally break anything in the process. The link above is now updated to 1.1b9

This topic has been locked - we now have a final 1.1 firmware, available in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back