Viewing large number of actions in editor/preset+song help?

matt-phaeleh

Just noticed in the editor that whilst it can have more than 9 IA actions, for any beyond this number it’s not possible to move the position of the action as the mouse can’t get to them, (though I can scroll down with the arrow keys to edit the settings). Was wondering if there was a way around this or if it's something that might be possible in a future update? I’ve managed to shift most things to macros to make room, but still have the odd button which needs a lot of macros, and individual CC messages to be sent and it soon fills the space in the editor.

I also had a question regarding Presets and Songs, which I’m pretty sure I’m just missing something simple and/or being an idiot. :oops:

I’m currently using the 16 pages on my GT16, which will be enough to cover everything I’m doing, but I want one of the pages to be song specific, whereby I can have various pages/presets setup for certain songs and it loads the relevant one on that page when I choose the specific song from the song menu.

In the editor I can see an endless amount of presets, and when it’s on ‘local page’, there seems to be a blank page waiting to be edited. My question is where and how do I do this? As I can only seem to edit 16 pages. I’m sure I’m being a total n00b about this, so apologies if my questions result in any facepalms out there! Any help or suggestions much appreciated! :D

Re: Viewing large number of actions in editor/preset+song he

You should be able to drag the action to the top or bottom of the list and hold it there for a second or two, and it should make the list scroll in the appropriate direction. I just verified this on OS X 10.10 and Windows 7.

Each preset can have its own local page. All you have to do is go to the Presets page, select the desired preset and check the "Edit Local Presets" box. You can edit the buttons directly on the Presets page.

Awesome, thank you so much for the help with the presets, seems so obvious now! :lol:

With the editor, I can grab any of the first 10 actions, but the ones off the screen I wasn't sure how to click on. I've just realised that I can use macros within macros though, so think I might just go Inception style which should solve it for me.

Thanks again! :D

Are you using a Mac or PC? There's a scroll bar for the action list on the PC, and on the Mac, you can either use two fingers on a touchpad or one finger on the top of a Magic Mouse to scroll the action list.

I'm using a mixture of both, though this instance was on Mac. Randomly since I've fired up the laptop again, it's behaving normally. So not quite sure what was going on there, it might have had something to do with the editor being open for a few days as I know the touchpad can occasionally stop working with gestures. Apologies for the confusion!

Still getting my head around using the songs/presets. I've got it to the point where I'm selecting different presets for each song, and have been able to edit presets beyond the first 16 thanks to your help. When i use the song menu button I can see that the song titles are changing, though if I use a page or preset button to try and jump to the preset/page which changes in each song, it doesn't seem to show up. I'm sure there's just another box somewhere that needs ticking I've missed. Any suggestions with this at all? :)

To enable songs and setlists, you need to set the Setlist parameter on the Global page. It needs to be set to the specific setlist you're using, or if you're not using a setlist, then it needs to be set to All Songs.

Thanks, I had tried with it set to all songs and off, but still haven't had much joy. I think I might be misunderstanding how it works.

Lets say I'm on page 1. On this page I'm using a 'Song Menu' button, to pick between Song A and Song B.

The different songs use the same presets on all the pages, though page 12 loads a different preset depending on the song selected (Song A = preset 20, Song B = preset 21).

So after I've selected the song via the 'Song Menu' button, when I use any kind of 'Page' button to go to page 12, it still remains blank as the main preset list has nothing in here. I've had a play with the local and IA mode options, but not sure I'm setting it up correctly to get it to work as intended.

Nice one again for all your help, it's really appreciated and makes an already awesome product even better! :)

Please elaborate on what you mean by "page 12 loads a different preset depending on the song selected". Pages don't load presets, it's the other way around: presets load pages.

Maybe a description of how you want it to work would be helpful - then I can figure out how to make it happen.

I'll try to explain myself a bit better, as sounds like I'm getting things a little confused :lol:

For the purposes of the explanation, when I say 'pages' I'll be referring to what I see on the controller when I'm looking at it.

I have 10 or so pages which are the same regardless of the track, these are controlling my pedal board and controlling the laptop too.

For individual tracks I want to have a page which has song specific instructions. We'll call it the 'Live' page for now. It would have things like a 'Clean Melody Intro' button, which bypasses certain pedals on my board and loads specific presets on a few Strymon pedals. (There's a screenshot of an example attached - i just copied it to a page to get a bigger version than the 'edit local buttons' view).

So when I'm playing, 'pages' 1-11 are always the same, and links to other pages/presets are consistent between them.

I just want a button on my main page that says 'Live', and when I press it, it will always go to the page/preset specified in the song setup options of the editor. So in the photo attached, you can see that preset 12 is different, depending on the song selected via the song menu button on the controller.

Whilst it is possible to get to the 'presets' via the preset menu, as I'm hoping to have a minimum of 20 tracks setup for the first tour with it, it would be a lot more convenient to just have a button on the main page which always loads the relevant 'page' depending on which song is selected.

Is this sort of thing possible, as it's starting to sound like I'm limited to 16 pages, but have the option of arranging those endlessly via the presets?

Apologies for all the questions again, if it's any small consolation, I've just ordered some more RJM gear from Loopers Paradise ;)

Attachments

• Examples.png
    Examples.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 0

There are 16 global pages available, and each preset can also have its own page. When you load a preset and it has a local page, the local page takes the place of page number 16.

So, if I understand what you need, you'd create a different button page for each preset, and you'd want to make your "Live" button switch to page 16, which will be the one that is specific to each preset.

You absolute legend! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for and was a very clear and easy to understand explanation! :cool:

It’s definitely heading in the right direction now, so thanks for the pointers. :)

If I pick a preset (in this case preset 20 for Song A), via the preset menu button on my main page, I can then use an IA button with a system command to go to preset 16. Which shows the local page of preset 20 (as hoped).

Regardless of if the button is momentary or not, it always takes 2 presses to goto preset 16. It jumps between saying the preset name of the selected preset (so the track title, which is obviously different between presets 20 and 21) and ‘Main’, which is the name of the main page. Is there a way to get this to jump to the local page without 2 presses?

Further to this, if I select the other ‘song’ from the preset menu, so in this case preset 21 (Song B), the IA button now jumps back to the previous track (preset 20), and requires returning to the main menu before going to the newly selected local page of Song B (preset 21). It then continues to jump between both presets 20 and 21, rather than just going to the most recently selected one. Is there a setting somewhere that could fix this?

I had no joy using page commands which is what I thought would be the way to do it, though I struggled to find a way to jump to the ‘live’ page 16 without using the aforementioned preset system command.

Also, I’m still not quite sure where songs fit into the equation, as it seems that loading presets is what makes it possible. Is there a simpler way of achieving what I’m aiming for using the song feature?

Can you send me your settings file? I think I'd be able to figure this out if I could try them.

!

Thanks Ron, really appreciate the help, know you're a busy man! Should hopefully be attached, and excuse the fact that it's quite a mess at the moment.

Apologies for the slow response, a friend rather selfishly got married when I would have rather been playing with the GT16 ;)

Attachments

• Matt-GT16.rjs
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Back