Volume Cut Loop 1 > 2

Sp4zRX

I am experiencing an issue that I have not had before. When I run Loop 1 into Loop 2 I get a massive volume and tone loss. If I turn off the pedal in Loop 1 (keep pedal in loop 2 ON), the issue goes away. If I turn off pedal in Loop 2 (keep pedal on in Loop 1), the problem remains. When I run Loop 2 into Loop 1, then I don't experience this issue.

At first, it seemed obvious, the problem was the pedal but I have tried both the pedals before and after each other Guitar>pedal 1>pedal 2>amp and Guitar>pedal 2>pedal 1>amp (without using switcher) without issues.

I also swapped the pedals in loop 2 and loop 1 and the problem remains that whenever I run loop 1 into 2, the problem occurs, no matter what pedals are in the loops.

Could there be a setting somewhere that I am overlooking? Maybe reinstall software? Or would this be a hardware problem?

This sounds like a marginal cable, probably the one in Return 1. Have you tried a different cable, or measured the cable you have in there?

THANK YOU!!!

It turns out it was a faulty cable from Send 2 to Pedal input. Soldered up a fresh cable and it sounds great!

That is very strange because I even tried running Loop 2>3 and 3>2 and couldn't get the problem to happen so I completely ruled out the cables. Lesson learned, never rule out the cables!

Thank you very much!

Yeah, it can be tricky. Some pedals have an unusually low input impedance, or an unusually high output impedance, and that makes them more sensitive to marginally bad cables. It's possible that the cable would be ok in another position (but definitely best to replace it to make sure).

Back