Volume increase on loop 8…

thegeardad

I have a clear volume increase when engaging my 8th loop. There’s a delay pedal on that loop so no overdrive or boost, but there’s a clear increase in my volume when I engage this delay. I’ve tried it with multiple pedals and it doesn’t happen on any other loop, and no additional buffer is turning on… any ideas what it could be?!

I use no midi and do not run in stereo.

If your loop is set to parallel and the pedal is not set to "kill dry" or 100% wet, you will get a volume boost because you're getting twice the dry signal (the dry signal through the pedal plus the dry signal through the internal mixer). Either set your pedal to 100% or set the loop back to series and it'll go back to a normal level.

If your loop is set to parallel and the pedal is not set to "kill dry" or 100% wet, you will get a volume boost because you're getting twice the dry signal (the dry signal through the pedal plus the dry signal through the internal mixer). Either set your pedal to 100% or set the loop back to series and it'll go back to a normal level.
You’re right, 7-10 loops button mode were set to “hold” instead of “normal”. Switched them all to normal and the “parallel” on the main view is gone. So they were all parallel because of that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 2
The hold function just gives you the ability to switch a loop between series and parallel by holding that button. The global Audio tab and the Audio sub-tab under Presets are where you would actually set a loop to parallel.

The hold function just gives you the ability to switch a loop between series and parallel by holding that button. The global Audio tab and the Audio sub-tab under Presets are where you would actually set a loop to parallel.
I have corrected all these issues and still get a volume boost on loop 8? I’ve swapped it with others. What else can I be missing here

Here you go. I primarily use the loop mode and that's where I'm having the issue. The presets are just basic and I change them depending on the gig.

Attachments

• Drew Regular Pedalboard 11:21.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I don't see anything specifically wrong with your settings. You are running old firmware, it would probably be worthwhile to update it, but I can't say for sure whether that would help.

Other things to test:
- If nothing (not even cables) are plugged into loop 8, does it still have the problem?
- If just one cable is plugged into loop 8's return jack (nothing on the other end of the cable), do you still hear signal when it's turned on?

So when no cables are plugged into 8 at all, it’s normal, no change in volume. And when the return cable is plugged into the PBC (with nothing on the other end) it’s a no signal situation.
I guess I’ll try an update. Couldn’t hurt right? I’ll make sure to save my settings :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 9.48.28 PM.png

I created a blank template and wrote it to my Mastermind and found a difference. These boxes were checked on the loops and I had 0 volume boost when turning on any loops (aside from obvious ones like overdrive we're the volume is above unity.) So I reloaded my original file, the one I sent you, checked these 3 boxes for 7-10 loops and IT'S FIXED.

Honestly, my brain is so fried after messing with all of this. But I'm glad it's work properly again. If you don't mind, explain to me what these boxes do, and how they'd even cause that issue I had. (Again, I had them all unchecked prior to this post, possibly by accident)

Back