Voodoo Lab GCX and RJM Line Mixer - Parallel Stereo setup

Boogieness

Hi guys, this is probably being covered here in the forum but I haven't found any traces of what I need. I need your help to better understand how I can use a RJM mini Line Mixer with a GCX Audio Switcher.

If I want to play in stereo, with one Bogner head and a Mesa 2:90 power amp, all the effects are in the GCX loops 5 to 8 connected in the FX Loop of the Bogner, how the Line Mixer should be routed in the signal chain? Do I need to split the signal coming right out of the GCX guitar out and send part of it to the switcher and then to the mixer?
Thanks

Re: Voodoo Lab GCX and RJM Line Mixer - Parallel Stereo setu

To do it with the GCX, I think you need to make a splitter cable or box that splits the signal four ways and feeds the inputs of loops 5-8. The sends of loops 5-8 go to the effect inputs and the effect outputs go to the line mixer inputs. The line mixer's outputs go to your amps. This doesn't allow for a separate dry signal - to get that with a Mini Line Mixer, you would need to remove one of the pedals and connect the loop send directly to a line mixer input instead.

Thanks Ron.
I was thinking about connecting things in the following way. The Bogner' send feeds the GCX Guitar IN. From there, I could split the signal in two using the two outs (guitar out and feed through). From guitar out I would go straight into the mixer's Dry Left and from the feed through into loops 5 to 8 and then in mixer's Dry Right. I would then connect the GCX' sends to the effects as you suggested and from there to the RJM' loops.

This way I could have the Dry on the left channel and the Wet signal on the right. Now my question is: would I have both mixer' outs with a stereo Wet signal or not?

Let me know your opinion about this and thanks very much for your help.

In that particular setup, the left and right dry connections don't really get you anything. You can just plug the dry signal into the R/Mono jack and have it appear on both sides. If you plug the wet outputs into three left side inputs, you will have dry+wet on the left side and dry on the right side. Plugging the wet signals into the right inputs will cause the wet signal to appear on both sides (the right input doubles as a mono input).

Back