Whammy midi

Markw1313

I’m trying to control a Whammy(4 I think - It’s a Molten Voltage model).
I can get the LT to turn on the Whammy with one preset selected but none of the other presets are accessible and the Whammy can only be turned off manually.
All the Whammy manuals online have the preset numbers in the reverse order to mine.
How do I get the LT to control the Whammy?

First thing to check are the MIDI channel settings. Make sure that the MIDI channel selected in the Devices tab matches the channel set on the Whammy pedal itself.

Done.
The weird thing is, using 4.2 I had 4 whammy presets and they all worked. Updated to 4.3 any only 2 worked. Updated to 4.5 only one works. The only difference between the presets is the PC numbers. I’m using IA buttons to send the PC’s. Ticking the device on the preset page and adding a PC number doesn’t work at all.

The way you have it set up, every button will send a PC message when you change presets. For example. if your preset has Whammy Oct turned on, it will send PC#17. But all of the buttons that are off will also send their PCs. The second button will send PC#31, then next one will send PC#32 (because its off value "Up" means "send one higher than the last PC I sent"), and the fourth button will send PC 33. So the only button that will ever work is the last one the PBC processes during a preset change. Every other button will be overridden by the last button.

The way around this is to use button groups. Set the Group number on all four of those buttons to 1. Then, in group settings (Global tab), select Group 1. Turn on "Allow all buttons off" and turn off "Send Off Messages". This will make it so that only one of those buttons can be on at any time, and, during a preset change, only the button that's actually on will send its PC message. This will eliminate conflicts from multiple PCs being sent at the same time.

Back