Who in here has setlist and song experience?

Chad

Ron stays busy and can't answer all of our questions and wasn't able to entirely address my question all of the time. . Not a knock on him. His expertise and need talk goes over some of our heads. Lol

He has a business to run. If I could get completely familiar operating this thing I'd gladly help in the forum and even mod for him as I own a business that only requires two days of work. Lol. Maybe I should show up at his place and get classes from him and his crew. Lol. I'd love to help him out. He has a superior product.

I want the ability to access presets and setlists AND songs from the PCB without the software or diving into the menu. Is there a way to do that?

Seems like a ton of knowledgeable people on here that could answer this question.

Thanks.

I always feel like I'm bothering him. It's in my nature.

I want to make videos to add to YouTube to explain a ton of stuff. I honestly have no idea how he answers everyone's questions while running his business. He's an absolute mad man at it and so good at what he does.

I use the hold function to go to a separate page with my 4 set lists represented by 4 IA buttons and also have a presets IA button.

Using the Mastermind editor:

From the opening screen, add 1 to your Max Button Page
Click the Buttons tab
Double click a button (I used the Bank Up button)
Change Button Mode from Normal to Hold
Click Hold Functions tab
Change Button Type to IA
Name the button Setlist or whatever you'd like
Under IA Actions, add a new action System Sub action Page and the number of the Max Button Page from the 1st step
Scroll to your Created page and name it Setlists or whatever you'd like
Double click a button and change Button Type to AI, name it Set 1. Select and off colour and an on mode colour
Under IA Actions, add a new action System Sub action Setlist Off setlist 64 On Setlist 1
Repeat this for the # of setlists you'd like.
I also add one button with IA Actions Sub action Page page #1 to return to the Presets Page

Assign all these buttons to a group so that only one can be active at any given time. This should work

I also program my Bank Down button to access the setup menu on the PCB and can change setlists and other parameters there.

I hope this helps.

Greg

Click the Buttons tab
Click Hold Functions tab
Change Button Type to IA
Under IA Actions, add a new action System Sub action Page and the number of the Max Button Page from the 1st step
Double click a button and change Button Type to AI, name it Set 1. Select and off colour and an on mode colour
Under IA Actions, add a new action System Sub action Setlist Off setlist 64 On Setlist 1
I also add one button with IA Actions Sub action Page page #1 to return to the Presets Page

Assign all these buttons to a group so that only one can be active at any given time. This should work

I also program my Bank Down button to access the setup menu on the PCB and can change setlists and other parameters there.

I hope this helps.

Greg

OK Followed your direction. Twice. It changes to setlist on the screen but nothing happens, no other buttons are active.. Sorry, i am new.... and lost.

Are there any songs in your setlist? If you switch to an empty setlist (or a setlist with songs that don't have any presets defined), it isn't going to do much.

OK, you can alternately enter Setup mode and scroll through your setlists.

Choose a button in the editor (Bank down) and double click it
Change its mode from normal to hold
from the Hold function tab, change type to Setup Mode

This will bring up the setup screen on the PBC which is by default on Setlist Selection. From there you can scroll up or down to your desired setlist. Less sexy, but works every time.

I may have to do this. Which is better than bedning over and fiddling with the menu.

I tried your directions and added a setlist button to the far left in the page I created. The button brought up setlist song but I couldn't do anything other than scroll through my songs. Not sure where I went wrong.

Click the Buttons tab
Click Hold Functions tab
Change Button Type to IA

I hope this helps.

Greg

The above works great. Instead of using setlist, what would be the procedure for creating the scenario for a songlist mode?

During practices, we pick songs not in any order and not part of a setlist. I'd like to be able to scroll through the the songlist easily. I understand entering through 1&3 on the PBC, what would be the best method to enter in a button mode as the above is described for the songlist?

The above works great. Instead of using setlist, what would be the procedure for creating the scenario for a songlist mode?

During practices, we pick songs not in any order and not part of a setlist. I'd like to be able to scroll through the the songlist easily. I understand entering through 1&3 on the PBC, what would be the best method to enter in a button mode as the above is described for the songlist?

If you set Setlist to All Songs, bank up & down will scroll through the entire list of songs, ignoring setlists.

If you set Setlist to All Songs, bank up & down will scroll through the entire list of songs, ignoring setlists.

How do you do that via a button control instead of pressing 1+3 to access the main setup screen and adjusting the parameters on the PBC screen?

You can set up an IA button with a System / Setlist action that can choose any setlist (or no setlist)

Thanks Ron, I figured as much... but setting the song list or action for the button is where I'm stuck.

Following Greg's directions, I'm assuming modifying what I have listed in red would be what needs to be done for the new IA button.

Click the Buttons tab
Click Hold Functions tab
Change Button Type to IA
Double click a button and change Button Type to AI, name it "ALL SONGS"

How would I set the code for the drop down menu's under the IA action?

Leave the "Subtype" to "Setlist" like before but choose the "Off Setlist" and "On Setlist to "Up" and "Down" instead of "64" and "1"...or switch "Off Setlist" and "On Setlist to to "All Songs"?

...Or leave the Action type" as"System" but change the Subtype to "song". If so, how to choose all songs "Off Song" and "On Song" should be set to what?

Not sure why I'm having difficulty with this lol.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Last edited:
Next to the box where you type the setlist number, there's a button with an ellipsis (...). Press that, and you can choose from all of the special options like All Songs, Prev, Next, etc.

like this? Or should i have both on/off set to all songs?

Attachments

• songlist.jpg
    songlist.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Back