WIDI Master: wireless MIDI between GT and iPad

Alexander

I run BandHelper on my iPad. The iPad is connected with a cable to my GT/22 MIDI output port.

When I switch songs or presets on my GT, BandHelper switches to that song.

I read about WIDI Master (by CME), which establishes a wireless MIDI connection (separate MIDI In and MIDI Out plugs), and is powered through the MIDI connector (no battery). It only requires a MIDI app on the iPad.

Just want to report here that it works fast and without any issues, so far. I'm impressed. It's cheap too. And it frees the Lightning port on my iPad to charge its battery.

P.S. I'm not affiliated to CME.

I run BandHelper on my iPad. The iPad is connected with a cable to my GT/22 MIDI output port.

When I switch songs or presets on my GT, BandHelper switches to that song.

I read about WIDI Master (by CME), which establishes a wireless MIDI connection (separate MIDI In and MIDI Out plugs), and is powered through the MIDI connector (no battery). It only requires a MIDI app on the iPad.

Just want to report here that it works fast and without any issues, so far. I'm impressed. It's cheap too. And it frees the Lightning port on my iPad to charge its battery.

P.S. I'm not affiliated to CME.
I’m a little late, but that is still very cool!
Lee

I have a couple of WIDI Masters and WIDI UHosts and the WIDI Bud Pro. The work great. I was diagnosing some stuff and it was nice to not have to worry about cables

You can use it as a MIDI interface, but not for Axe-Edit. That needs USB.
You can use it with Frac-Pad III. That is a third party editor.

I didn't think about it, but I suppose you could use it the with MMGT and Axe-fx III. You would still need to power the MMGT. But the CME WIDI prodcts can establish their own MIDI network.

Cool I want to use it love with my Axe III Mark II
So when I Change a song on my iPad it loads the preset on the Axe. I’m using the RJM XLR Cable
to power my MMGT22…

Back