Wish: Play the Oleds with midi note on/off.

I need a silent visable mertonome that is more exact than the tempo blinking the GT-16 already do.
The most important thing is that I need to know wher the first beat in a bar is.
Why? Ambient, floating intro without any beats present.
Just flasching tempo won't do and I need to know when it's time to wake up and make me ready for action.

I have build a box that plays diods with midi notes on/off .
I use 6 diods. One at the top of the box that flashes tempo. This diod is dual colur Blue/Red: Blue for 1, red for 2, 3 and 4.
Then I have four diods in a row. These is the "Wake up sleepy musican, it's time to riot" diods.
They counts down the last beats before action.
The last diod, at the bottom of the box, just makes me tighter. It lits up just between 4 "AND" 1 in the next bar.

It would be fantastic if the PBC, LT and the GT series oleds could be used for this instead.

Sure, I'd like too !
if screen colors could be change by midi CC. It will be very helpfull.
I'm working on a way to have a tempo screen light on my MMGT 16 to be in sync with my Band (same computer as our drummer).
It works at home. Never take time to finish it with my band , but I hope in few weeks...
Video I made to show how it works with Ableton here
In order to know where is the strong beat, it flash différently. (idea from Shanesplanet in this forum ;-))
If we could change its colour, it will be better...
Franck

Agreed. This would shut down so many vocalist issues where they think they know better despite the rest of us following midi tempo. Please, Ron, help us be superior to know it all vocalists.

The oleds can be used, but its a per screen bassis. Use one button for the tempo and another for the RED FLAG signal? Cost ya a lot of real estate. I am still using a midi track that is created to make my tempo button flash. I don't fight nor care about the actual tempo number, so I have it disabled on the mmgt. It works flawlessly once you tweak what you want a bit. You can even factor in the latency of how long the button takes to change colors. I use a 'warped' clip for mine so i can just drag it a mile. It's perfect for eyeballing the tempo from afar, and i get used to it telling my brain. As for it signaling an intro, you can easily create a different pattern or have an entirely separate button with another color assigned. *superior vocalists should already have their own click track and timing needs figured out. In ears for the win!!

Last edited:
Back