X32/M32 Tap Tempo via Mastermind GT

Hollywood

Would it ever be possible to do an update to the Mastermind GT that would allow it to control the Tap Tempo on a Midas M32/Behringer X32 console?

From what I understand it operates on OSC commands and/or Sysex (I know very little about either of those).

Any and all help would be appreciated. I apologize if this has been covered here before.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I went down this road with a XR18 at one stage, pretty sure you can control most things via a midi sysex message, even really long ones that go onto multiple action lines. There are OSC to midi sysex utilities you can install to find the right text message. In the end I found it much easier to use Mixing Station to assign any midi to any control if you have a compatible device (laptop, tablet, phone) involved in your setup.

I appreciate your reply! The problem is I'm using my iPad for a different application.

I want to go from the Mastermind right to the M32/X32 and hopefully control the tap tempo.

I've been told it can't be done, but I'd love to hear from the programmers to see if it's possible? It'd be a huge selling point, I feel.

Patrick-Gilles Maillot created an Arduino based X32/XAir tap tempo here. He includes all the code needed and videos.
On this video you can see the actual sysex message needed to be sent with different time examples (for delays using par1 as the delay time, have a look in the video comments, some use par2). Now the problem would be calculation of the time in the sysex message, so yeah I think a true X32 tap tempo via sysex wouldn't be possible unless Ron can devise a different way? Is the AxeFX3 tap tempo similar?
You could however send exact delay times if you wanted, or as I originally posted Mixing Station would do it and makes it simple...

Last edited:
Back