3 questions and 4 feature requests

Wahwalter

Hello - Setting up 2 new 6X's - love them so far. Searched but couldn't find answer to the following:

1. I see IA cycle cant be grouped. I was hoping to be able to cycle through more presets and save them with IA save but I see it saves all states of all buttons so cant get there.
    Question - how would I do this as alluded to in one of the other answers with IA id? Can an IA cycle button be set to off? Goal is to have 4 cycle buttons with 16 presets.
  2. Does the on/off status mean anything in an IA cycle button? How is it ever off?
  3. Can you clarify the local page / page 16 thing - can you have a local page for each preset? Or just one that takes page 16?
Feature request:
  1. Cut and paste IA actions in editor
  2. flag to opt out of IA save for button - eg IA page button state shouldn't be saved in some cases. Also Hold functions are hard to trace.
  3. scratchpad page to cut and paste to - in a full board moving things around can be a bit tricky due to lack of real estate.
  4. Popup page that lists all the saved info in a preset. i.e. if I hit I store and get an undesirable result it would be nice to pull up a summary rather than scroll through all the pages. Plus hold functions dont seem to be easy to see on the button in preset summary page.
  5. Bonus feature - Variables counters and logic would greatly help in coordination of buttons. i.e. set a variable to true and access state of variable on another action.

Last edited:
IA cycle buttons have four states, you can treat one as "off" if you like. There isn't a separate off state. You should be able to get it to work if you have an "off" state plus three steps that select presets. That would avoid the problem of multiple buttons triggering at the same time.

Set IA ID to 1 for all of these cycle buttons. Then, on each step except the first, add an action: System / Set IA #1 off:None on:0. This will force all of the other buttons with ID=1 to the first step in the cycle (off) when a preset is selected on one button.

Any and all presets can have their own local page. If the current preset has a local page, then it takes the place of page 16. Selecting another preset will replace page 16 with the new preset's local page (if it has one).

Regarding the requests - if you turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on an IA button, the state of the button won't be saved.

Back