A/B... why not?

guix

Hi
The y not seems a a very cool little box ... but it does not work for selecting bet ween a/b as input and use y as output...... or does it?

Attachments

• Settings Test for Scenes.rjs
    330.7 KB · Views: 1
Yes, if you turn off the buffer and phase inverter (probably the iso transformer as well), you can use it backwards. We call it a tonY in that case. :)

brilliant, ive been looking for something to do this for a while. I have a lee Jackson gp-1000 preamp, which only has 1 channel, it has 2 outputs with their own volumes. Seeing as i play a lot of leads (as i should do) i need a solo boost, and seeing as the lee jackson has NO fx loop, no EQ or microamp seems to do it justice. So for ages ives been looking for something where i can toggle between the 2 outputs going into my poweramp so ive got rythm and lead output

I looked at the Ynot and was dissapointed it was the other way around.. 1 input and 2 outputs. But if it is possible to reverse this, the tonY will be on my shopping list next payday :)

You will not be disappointed - it's a quality bit of kit. I've not tried it in reverse personally, but going the other way it works great :)

Hi!

So, i have a stereo rig. A one channel SS clean amp that doesn't need any switching, apart from ABY function, which the Ynot does do. Another is line 6 M13 into Rocktron Piranha preamp which has MIDI. Now, let's say i wan't a preset number 4 on piranha when i press a button on M13, can the Ynot change the preset on Piranha? I read the manuals, i saw some continious controller mode, but i am not quite sure...

Any answer would help!

Thanks

Greg

The Y-Not itself wouldn't be able to change any presets on the Piranha, but if you connected the MIDI to the Piranha first, then the MIDI THRU from the Piranha to the Y-Not, you should be able to change presets on both devices from your M13.

Yeah, but then, there's another problem. The M13 and Piranha are not midi compatible, that's really a shame, because they work great together. Well i will search on for the solution of my problem.

Thank you for your answer and your time!

Cheers

Both the M13 and Piranha have MIDI, right? You should be able to have the M13 switch the Piranha when you switch scenes on the M13.

Now, if you mean that you can't get the M13 to switch MIDI devices when you switch individual effects on and off on the M13, then yes, that's a limitation of the M13's MIDI implementation. If that's the problem you're running into, the only solution I know of is to use a separate MIDI foot controller to control the M13, Piranha (and Y-Not). A sufficiently advanced one would be able to switch presets on the Piranha, scenes and pedals on the M13, and presets on the Y-Not.

rjmmusic said:
Both the M13 and Piranha have MIDI, right? You should be able to have the M13 switch the Piranha when you switch scenes on the M13.

Now, if you mean that you can't get the M13 to switch MIDI devices when you switch individual effects on and off on the M13, then yes, that's a limitation of the M13's MIDI implementation. If that's the problem you're running into, the only solution I know of is to use a separate MIDI foot controller to control the M13, Piranha (and Y-Not). A sufficiently advanced one would be able to switch presets on the Piranha, scenes and pedals on the M13, and presets on the Y-Not.

You're right. In the meantime, i bought the G-minor and i also couldn't get it to work with Piranha. But after some tweaking i tried the channel 16 instead if 1 and it worked, then i tried the same thing with M13 and voila...even some people on line6 forum said, it couldn't be done. I am now runing M13 in latch scene mode, so i have 12 different preset on the M13 and Piranha which is more than enough even for a live show (theoretically you could use more scenes). So i decided that i will use the MIDI thru on Piranha to control the Y-not for my stereo clean sound, perfect. :mrgreen:

Thank for your help!

Greg

Back