A note about Axe-Fx III support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron, what are some of your hopes an dreams for the future of Axe-FX III integration? I am still trying to get my head around some of the new features. I am assuming that Fractal will have to make all these new features accessible on their own foot controller, so they must be able to be accessed on the GT (eventually), right? I am assuming that the current (Axe-FX II) level of integration and the tuner are less of a big deal.

Ron, what are some of your hopes an dreams for the future of Axe-FX III integration? I am still trying to get my head around some of the new features. I am assuming that Fractal will have to make all these new features accessible on their own foot controller, so they must be able to be accessed on the GT (eventually), right? I am assuming that the current (Axe-FX II) level of integration and the tuner are less of a big deal.

At this point, I'm not sure where we're going to go with it. We're already going to be supporting everything the third-party interface offers. It's possible that there will be some opportunities for fine tuning and making it all more streamlined, but I wouldn't be able to guess how that would look. A beta release should be out tomorrow (probably), and I'll be using user feedback to figure out where we might be able to improve things.

The only thing I'm certain that we won't be able to do is edit the GT's configuration through Axe-Edit. Overall, this is actually a benefit because our controller is able to do a lot more than theirs. We need our own editor to access all of that.

At this point, I'm not sure where we're going to go with it. We're already going to be supporting everything the third-party interface offers. It's possible that there will be some opportunities for fine tuning and making it all more streamlined, but I wouldn't be able to guess how that would look. A beta release should be out tomorrow (probably), and I'll be using user feedback to figure out where we might be able to improve things.

The only thing I'm certain that we won't be able to do is edit the GT's configuration through Axe-Edit. Overall, this is actually a benefit because our controller is able to do a lot more than theirs. We need our own editor to access all of that.
That's great. I am more than happy to use your editor, since it is editing the function of your controller pedal and not the Axe-FX III,itself. I wouldn't have even thought of editing the pedal's function with Axe-Edit.

Bravo for your fine work! I look forward to it.

Excellent!! My Axe III is ready for Beta Testing.
I’m using my Axe II Rig for shows in the interim.

A beta release should be out tomorrow (probably), and I'll be using user feedback to figure out where we might be able to improve things.
Wooptiedoo
Seems like I'm going to get my III just in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back