Amp Gizmo w/Mesa Mark V & AxeFX II Scene Programming

mesaboogieman

Hello,
I'm using an Amp Gizmo in conjunction with my Mesa Mark V, AxeFX II and MFC-101 foot controller to change the channels on my Mark V. It works great when changing channels with presets but not so well when using the new scenes functionality of the AxeFX. I assume it's because the preset is staying the same and only the 'scenes' within the preset are changing. My challenge is I have some scenes where I need to change the channel of the Mark V. It's not a huge deal as I can always just duplicate the setting I need, save it as another preset and program the clean channel to come on but it would be nice to operate within the 'scenes' as it was intended. Has anyone else come across this and found a solution? Thanks!

Unfortunately, we don't have support for the method they use to change scenes. I'm not sure how we're going to handle it, because it's very specific to the Axe-Fx. Changing every product to support it is not something I would look forward to!

Off the top of my head, I think you could use a MIDI Solutions Event Processor to translate the scene change CC messages into PC messages. It would take some programming, but I'm pretty sure it would work.

Not sure if this is the best solution but one workaround would be to set 'mapping mode' to custom in the IO >> MIDI menu. Then you can map it for example so that program changes 1 through 5 on your MFC could trigger preset 1 on the axefx while selecting scenes 1 through 5. You'd have to use preset buttons rather than scene buttons on your MFC but you'd get the result you're after without the need for an event filter, while having the ease of programming with scenes - not having to update up to 8 presets each time you change routing or tweak a block that's not global. I hope that's right!

Or... sell the MFC and get a Mastermind GT :D

Back