analog tap tempo

plexi2

i'm on version 2.12 and want to set the rjm external switch to control the tap tempo on my el capistan. Is this possible with version 2.12? If so, how would I go about doing it? I would also like to control the midi tap tempo for the mobius and time-line from the same switch. There are some explanations for this on the site but feel free to describe how to accomplish this also.

After reading through the posts it looks like i have to update to the latest firmware to send taps to the capistan manually,is this correct?
After following the posted instructions for midi tap tempo for the timeline (on version 2.12) the timeline flashes way too fast,do i have to update to the latest timeline firmware(to be able to shut off its internal midi clock) and also the latest pbc firmware to make this happen?

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 6.22.05 AM.png Definitely get the latest Firmware for the newest and best amenities on the PBC. Here's a photo of my settings. I tap my Strymon TimeLine and Strymon Brigadier on the same button. To do the Brigadier you just use a Function Switch. So I use Func 1 and set it to Momentary on the first page of the Editor. Then on the Tap Tempo button my settings are what the photo shows. Also I have that button set to do the Infinite Delay and Reverb on my TimeLine and Big Sky when I hold it down in the button's Hold Functions. Hope that helps!

View attachment 549 Definitely get the latest Firmware for the newest and best amenities on the PBC. Here's a photo of my settings. I tap my Strymon TimeLine and Strymon Brigadier on the same button. To do the Brigadier you just use a Function Switch. So I use Func 1 and set it to Momentary on the first page of the Editor. Then on the Tap Tempo button my settings are what the photo shows. Also I have that button set to do the Infinite Delay and Reverb on my TimeLine and Big Sky when I hold it down in the button's Hold Functions. Hope that helps!
Thanks I will try that this week

View attachment 549 Definitely get the latest Firmware for the newest and best amenities on the PBC. Here's a photo of my settings. I tap my Strymon TimeLine and Strymon Brigadier on the same button. To do the Brigadier you just use a Function Switch. So I use Func 1 and set it to Momentary on the first page of the Editor. Then on the Tap Tempo button my settings are what the photo shows. Also I have that button set to do the Infinite Delay and Reverb on my TimeLine and Big Sky when I hold it down in the button's Hold Functions. Hope that helps!
This works great for the timeline but not for the el capistan ( strymon states on their site that external tap tempo is not supported on either of these pedals)
So how did you prepare the brigadier to receive tap tempo?

Back