axe fx 2 mk2 and MMGT editor-Get preset names

Hi all, please forgive my newness to this forum, I have been studying quite a lot and searching for "get Presets" threads before posting this question, I have a Gt16 with an axe fx 2 mk 2, both with latest firmware (done a default on the GT also), i've followed the following steps on the fractal page: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=RJM_Mastermind#Checklist and from the Rjm forums but for the life of me can't get the preset names, just hangs. I'm using a single 5 pin midi connected gt 16 out, axe fx in. I'm already across a lot of midi programming with my previous midi controlled rig, and also tech minded, just needing to be pointed in the right direction with this new equipment, is there anything else? thanks

I haven't read that checklist, but make sure your MIDI cable is a 5-pin active cable. Some cables have 5 pins, but not all of them are wired. Normal MIDI only needs 3 pins, but bidirectional connections need all 5. If you have an ohmmeter, you can test the pins to make sure all of them are connected from one end to the other.

Also, make sure that Bidirectional MIDI is turned on in the GT's MIDI settings.

Hi Ron thanks for your input, annoying how brand new 5 pin cables aren't properly put together, I had to make up my own midi cables- with mogami midi and switch craft midi plugs and then it all worked fine, Thanks for your input

Back