Axe-Fx III and tempo display on the GT-22

iaresee

The tempo display feature on the GT-22 does not seem to get along well with the clock signals emitted by the Axe-Fx III -- the tempo displayed jumps around despite no actual changes in the tempo value occurring on the unit.

Ron, do you know what signals coming from the Axe-Fx III might be the cause of these value jumps? It's really only very noticeable when you have the GT show the tempo value on the display. I'm sure the flashing tempo on the tap tempo button is varying as well, but it's hard to detect there.

Is it bad clock data from the AFIII? Or something else?

Thanks!

The GT measures the time between tempo flash messages coming back from the Axe-Fx III, and it does seem like they're not very accurate. The Axe-Fx II was pretty darn accurate, but they must be doing it differently now.

Somewhere along the line, they did add the ability to query tempo from the Axe-Fx 3. I will look into using that for tempo display - it would be very accurate, of course.

The GT measures the time between tempo flash messages coming back from the Axe-Fx III, and it does seem like they're not very accurate. The Axe-Fx II was pretty darn accurate, but they must be doing it differently now.
Ah. I'll grab some recording in Logic and take the findings back to the Fractal crew.

Back