Axefx lll and the GT22

Rocky

Im new so for give me if this post exsists already... I am using the axfx lll... I was wondering if the Gt 22 does the same things that the FC 12 pedal would be able to do? I had read a recent post that the progaming changes will not store that easy if you edit them, is that issue been resolved? I mainly use 3 senses, and several stomp box blocks type patches for (on/off) such as delay, reverb, distortion, chorus etc... And Couple of different blocks amp patches... I guess the biggest concern would be the editing feature...

I'm not sure what the FC12 will be able to do, so I can't really give you an answer to that. Maybe someone else here has more knowledge of how Fractal's controllers will work. The only thing I know is that the FCs will be edited using Axe-Edit, where our controllers have their own editor software.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the programming changes will not store that easy if you edit them" - can you explain some more?

Here's a quick video I did showing the GT and Axe-Fx III and how to set them up.

Thank u for the quick respone.. Here is the link to my question...
http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/axe-fx3-to-gt16-program-change-question.3319/
Making a prest change with the axe edit... There was no change on the GT... I was wondering if that was something that will be maybe worked out later... And / or if not if it was hard once edited in axe edit to save the change to the GT via your software... Im really liking the GT22's layout and im leaning toward buying one, but i am not real midi savay... Lol. I use maybe 3-4 senses, tuner, and stomp boxs type patch blocks (off-on) and i have a boss expression pedal and fractal EV-1 volume pedal... But i find myself always editing and tweaking so i trying to find out how complex its would be transfering those changes to the GT ft controller...

For now, refreshing the GT after a change would just mean switching to a different preset, then switching back to the current preset (using the GT). This will refresh effect block states, channels and current scene on the GT.

The only thing that requires a little more work is preset and scene names, you do have to get the GT scan the Axe-Fx to read the names once you've made changes, but with the right setup that only takes 2 button presses.

I am looking into having the GT poll the Axe-Fx for changes, so that things update more automatically when changes are made in the Axe-Fx. I'm not sure how well it will work, but if I find I can do a better job of automating something, I will.

Please read this regarding expression pedals, so you aren't surprised later:
https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/supp...dals-can-i-use-with-the-mastermind-gt-lt-pbc-

I have a hard time thinking that the 2 x fc12 will be as good as the GT22 but one thing will be better that is the faslink and getting the preset/scene names i would also guess that the edit of the pedal will be very simple...

I'm having a fair amount of success getting state polling to work. There are a couple of bugs that need to be fixed, at least one of which I think is in the Axe-Fx, but I'm already getting synchronization of effect block states, presets and scenes between Axe-Edit, Axe-Fx and GT - in all directions.

I hope to release a new beta after Fractal has a new release of their own.

Speaking of buying the top product...I just got my GT/22 this evening about an hour and a half before practice. I set it up to work with my Axe FX III and scenes, got my global volume pedal working and entered 20 songs that we were working on for practice. I did all that in time to use it for practice and I didn’t even read the manual for most of it or load the editor. Practice went very smooth. No issues.

This is the best user interface I’ve ever seen for a midi foot controller. Very intuitive and easy to use. I love the scrible strips and the large main screen. Very easy to read standing up.

It was expensive, but I already don’t miss the money. I’m exited to play with it some more and customize the layout for some of the things I want to do.

Really looking forward to the state polling stuff. That will make things much more convenient.

Awesome, awesome, awesome controller. Thanks to RJM and Fractal for getting the Axe-Fx III stuff working on the GT/22.

Firmware 4.2 beta 1 is now available for testing, and it does allow the GT to receive bypass, channel, scene and preset updates from the Axe-Fx.

Back