Boss GT8 question

Bozie

I am planning on using the MLM with a Boss GT8 for my time based effects in my amp's series effects loop through an Effects Gizmo. The GT8 will also handle switching duty until rlm's new foot controller comes out :). I do notice tonal loss with the GT8 in the effects loop so the MLM should allow me to retain my tone/clarity when I am not using a two amp Dry/Wet rig.

I have not been able to try this before with the GT8 but some posts I have read indicate this Boss product might produce significant latency that can cause phasing issues in a parallel loop. These posts relate to latency with the dreaded four cable method (4CM - fine, if you dont mind loosing the very amp tone you spent so much money to obtain), and not about simply using the GT8s chorus, delay, and reverb in a parallel effects loop.

So... has anyone tried a GT8 or similar with the MLM?

Cheers

with most digital multi fx units you will see latencey if you run them in a parallel loop due to the A/D D/A conversion

Thanks mate, that confirms my thoughts.

Do you consider it to be worth buying the MLM in that case? I don't like the change the GT8 makes to my amp tone so this was my solution...

A line mixer will unfortunately cause the same phasing (actually flanging) problem unless you can turn the processor to 100% wet and use only time-based effects. Chorus, reverb and delay won't result in any problem due to the latency.

Perfect! I can set up for 100% wet easily on the GT8 and will only be using the chorus, delay, and reverb.

Thanks for your replies, they have clarified things for me and are much appreciated :D

Back