buffering MIDI EQ Rack Gizmo

spiritledd

i have 2 MIDI EQ's one for front of amp, and one for series loop, in back of amp ...using Rack Gizmo ...do i go buffer out to EQ input ...then EQ output to buffer in? ...i don't want use up a loop because it is MIDI switching ...but i do want buffering

MLM level is at 12 oclock ...FX mix at 100% ...everything works ...but FX are not wet enough ...but I did split guitar signal on front of RG with Y splitter to FX input ...probably wrong move? ...nothing in RG loops 5-8 ...maybe one of the 5-8 loops output to FX input?

Are you sure your effects are 100% wet? (Remove the dry connection from the mixer, or press the dry mute button if the dry signal is plugged into input 4).

...been a rough 3 days working on rack rig sun up sun down :? MLM still not working ...nothing but dry ...i was thinking it was just not wet enough ...but after i turned off other amp, which i am going straight in to series loop ...with out MLM ...i found out there is no FX at all ...so many problems ...i solved a bunch ...but then more pop up ...like amp switching to wrong channels ...and even spontaneously with out even touching anything ...and also, still loud noise switching MMGT :(

It's pretty hard to debug this stuff remotely, but if you give me a diagram or a full list of connections in the system, I might be able to help.

Also, what kind of noise are you getting from the GT?

thanks Ron I really really appreciate your help ...hmm, never done diagram before ...guess I will have to learn :p ...made a lot of progress today ...I decided to not use MLM though for now ...running the 2 Marshall's as stereo ...Randall running dry but not in middle ...running two 4x12 both split in stereo and mono ...then center is dry Marshall ...running delay on max into both Marshall's series loops ...sounds really super good mixed with dry amps ...I get incredible depth, yet still not washing out ...also my theory on using Alesis multimix 8 to mix Rockman sustainor in into the amps worked out better than I had hoped ...feeling hopeful about rack rig today :p

oh yeah the noise ... well, it is like plugging guitar cord in guitar, when your up loud enough to practice with the band? ... the more gain on amps the louder the noise

Ok, you'll need to track that down - typically it can be traced to switching one particular effect on and off. Switch the loops manually using the buttons on the switcher and see which one is the loud one.

Back