Button Page Layout for Kemper?

Wheresthedug

I have a PBC (yes I know I'm in the wrong forum ;) ) and recently bought a Kemper to replace my Mesa Boogies and pedal board. I figured I wouldn't buy the dedicated Kemper remote yet as the PBC should be able to do everything the Kemper can - and more. I also still have an old FCB101 lying around as a fall back so there doesn't seem to be any urgency for the Kemper Remote.

A friend gave me the Uno4Kemper chip to try as he no longer needs it. It works well but is limited in regards to which FX modules / Stomp Slots it can control so isn't likely to be a long term option for me.

I sat down with the PBC Editor yesterday and tried to set up my PBC to control the Kemper KPA. Wow, it's remarkably easy to program thanks to Ron's great work preloading all the midi commands.

It is clear to me that the PBC will be able to serve as a viable alternative to the Kemper Remote (other than the fact that Kemper seem to have disabled all midi support for the looper functions) however, I am still undecided how to lay out my button pages to make for the smoothest operation in a live setting. The possibilities are endless.

Has anybody set up a PBC or GT10 to control a Kemper. If so how have you laid out your button pages?

As an aside, does anyone in the UK fancy swapping a GT10 for a PBC as I can't see me ever wanting to carry a physical pedal board again.

Look at the video on YouTube about the MMGT controlling a Kemper to get some ideas.

Thanks. I’ve actually watched that video several times. The problem for me is that the PBC only has 11 buttons (13 if you count ext switches) so I need to make some decisions about navigating button pages. Its dead easy if you have a GT22 or even GT16 but with fewer buttons its a matter of making choices.

The way I have it set up so far has the lower 6 buttins controlling Kemper Slots 1-5 and Tap tempo. The upper right side 4. Uttons turn on/off the Stomp Effects A-D. Ext switches control bank up/down.

This means I can’t quickly toggle the X, mod, delay and reverb slots from the same page. It would be great to be able to use two bi directional midi to dynamically assign which slots are controlled by each of the 4 upper footswitches (in a similar fashion to the Kemper remote) but I don’t know if that’s possible.

I also need a way to allocate what the expression pedal is controlling.

Back