Button Pages

Modernist

Hi
First post from me, recently converted from a Gigrig G2 as I need more MIDI functionality. Really pleased with the PBC10 and now what to explore more options for live Use.

I want to button pages - Clean & Gain.
These pages will navigate different presets and functions. I am struggling too get a preset to work via IA System Preset. When I set this up and add use a clean preset and add a chorus as Clean Chorus Preset the Midi pc doesn't work.

Am I using the wrong function to set up different presets on button pages?

Cheers
Paul

Are you using preset actions or PC actions? if the latter, you probably have one button sending one PC and another button sending a different PC to the same device. Depending on how things are set up, pressing one button may result in more than one button sending its messages.

If you post your settings file here, I can investigate further.

What's happening there is the button is sending PC 7 to the Compadre, but it's also loading Preset 6 on the Mastermind. Preset 6 is programmed to select PC 1 on the Compadre. There are at least three solutions (probably more):

- Set up the preset to send PC 7 instead
- Set up the preset to send no PC to the Compadre (turn off the checkbox next to Compadre in the Presets tab)
- If you don't want to alter preset 6 for some reason, create a different preset and call it from your Chorus button

I can't get any of those option to work when using the IA System Preset selection.

Attachments

• Buttons.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Are those buttons on pages 5 and 6 supposed to select a preset on only one pedal, or should it change all of your pedals?

If only one pedal, you should remove the System / Preset action from each button and instead use a PC action to send a MIDI message to the one pedal. Selecting a preset on the PBC will send PC messages to all pedals, and trigger every button that has Send on Preset Change turned on, forcing it to send its messages.

Thanks.
So I can set up the presets I want on a different button page, however, by using the IA-System-Preset the button does not behave like a preset button. The colours do not change and they do not update the status (on/off)

They should update state like any other button. Make sure that IA Link is turned on, and that the button has different on and off colors defined.

Back