Can't overwrite "Scene 1" or other scene names?

greiswig

I'm not sure what is happening. I updated from Beta to the new 4.1 firmware, and the new editor. After the updates, all the scene names that I'd programmed into the buttons had changed to Scene 1, Scene 1, etc. I opened up the editor and changed them, then tried both "Write changes" and "Write settings" to the GT, and although it appeared to do something, all those scene buttons are still labeled Scene 1 and so forth.

I need to get into it to do the whole song = preset thing at some point, but for now I can gig with one page if I can directly access the scenes properly, and this is how I was doing it.

Any pointers?

Are there anything other actions on the button aside from the scene action? The scene action needs to be the first action on the button for the GT to be able to identify it and assign a name to it.

Are there anything other actions on the button aside from the scene action? The scene action needs to be the first action on the button for the GT to be able to identify it and assign a name to it.

No other actions on those buttons at all, unless I'm having a hold function doing something like trigger a different scene. But this doesn't seem to be working even on buttons where I only have a single action; scene control. I tried changing the Scene 2 button in this file in a number of different ways (group none, no CC link, no update on preset) but it still is showing up as "Scene 2" on the GT.

Attachments

• SceneNames.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Why would you not want to import scene names from the Axe-Fx III?
I can think of a few use cases. The ones that apply to me are:
1. I have to abbreviate on the GT to make it more legible.
2. I sometimes use the amp name and a quick description of FX on the AxeFX3 to describe a scene, but all I need performing is the word "Lead."

Seems like a great thing to be able to pull in the scene names from the AxeFX, but I'd like to be able to use my own naming convention.

Ah, ok, I misread your post. The scene names are coming from the Scenes list in each preset (in the IA Buttons / Preset Actions / Section of the Presets tab). If you do your name edits there, those will be displayed in the scene buttons.

Ah, ok, I misread your post. The scene names are coming from the Scenes list in each preset (in the IA Buttons / Preset Actions / Section of the Presets tab). If you do your name edits there, those will be displayed in the scene buttons.

That was it! Thanks, Ron.

Back