Changing LT factory CC's to match previous Axe FX+

Hello,

Can I change the factory CC's that are supplied w/ the Axe FX3 pedal firmware in my LT? I upgraded to an FX3 from an XL+ and all of our effects are triggered by our ableton tracks which are currently programmed w/ the CC #'s from the XL+. Unfortunately the upgrade came after our first month of shows so I'm stuck w/ the CC #'s that I have programmed for most likely the next 2 years!
I tried the learn function with the old CC #'s but the 3 did not respond. I also tried putting the CC #'s that I wanted in manually in each buttons action parameters section, but the LT changed the corresponding button to a different effect.

Thanks in advance.

(example, CC# 41 was the chorus 1 bypass from the XL+ and in the new firmware CC# 41= input USB)

I'm sorry, it's not possible to change the CCs when working with an Axe-Fx III. We're not even using actual CC numbers to communicate with the Axe-Fx III - there aren't enough CC numbers to cover channel and bypass for all effect blocks. The numbers are actually based on the Sysex specification in the Axe-Fx III, which is not something that can be changed.

You can keep the settings configured for an Axe-Fx II XL+, then configure the CC numbers in the Axe-Fx III to match. You will lose some of the functionality - changes in the Axe-Fx will not be reflected in the GT, and effect block status will not update on the GT when you load a preset on the Axe-Fx. But since it sounds like Ableton is doing most of the control, this solution may work for you.

Ok now I understand whats happening. If I choose to configure the FX-III device to take advantage of the functionality, is there a list of the new factory CC numbers in the new firmware dropdown menu? (If I supply our programmer w/ that list I might be able to get him to modify my midi envelopes!)

Ok now I understand whats happening. If I choose to configure the FX-III device to take advantage of the functionality, is there a list of the new factory CC numbers in the new firmware dropdown menu? (If I supply our programmer w/ that list I might be able to get him to modify my midi envelopes!)

If you go into the editor and edit a button, then select Add CC action, you can select Axe-Fx III in the pop up window and the list of CC names and numbers will appear.

Back