Chase Bliss device set up page

Chuck Hanning

So starting a new question here. I previously have set up two Midi device pages to talk to each midi device and overall works well. I had used Ron's template which has device PC+/- buttons as normal functions and bypass as the hold functions. That works great for my H9 and Timeline.

For the chase bliss peals (I have a wombtone mk2 and warped vinyl mk2). I would like to set up the buttons slightly differently. For the normal function they can stay as pc+/- but for the hold function, I would like to send the PC message of 0. This puts the chase bliss pedals into live mode and would allow you to tweak buttons to find the sound you want. Then when you're done, press the hold function again and it would take you back to the last pc command you had cued up (say pc of 6 or something). If when you're holding the tap and bypass buttons on the CB pedals, that should then write the settings you had just figured out to that program number (e.g. 6).

I have been working on trying to do this but there are some other parameters I am not familiar with under the hold function. I got the PC and then device, but there are then on program and off program numbers. Right now I have them set as "0" and then "same", respectively but I'm not sure that's right.

Help is always appreciated!
Chuck

You almost have it right - set on value to 0, and off vale to Prev. "Same" sends the most recent PC again, so it would just send another 0. Prev will send the PC it was on before you selected PC 0.

Ok great. Thanks for the help.

Following on, I've been trouble shooting the two chase bliss pedals and figured out that I had a defective midi box. So now I have each of the pedals on channels (5 & 6) and when I use the the device Pc+/- I see the lights on the chase bliss pedals alternate red and green as I step through the presets, so that is working. I also figured out that in order to save to pc 1 or 2 you need to use the procedure outlined in the CB manual for those two slots. For pc 3-122 you can use the procedure of sending the desired PC no. to the pedal while holding down the two buttons on the pedals.

I'm having a curious problem on my warped vinyl mk2 though. One of my presets on the pbc (no. 5) calls for pc 3 on the warped vinyl. When I use this preset on the pbc, it sends pc of 1 not 3. I've not saved anything on 1 on the cb wv2 so it makes this weird wooshing noise. When I then use the page I set up to do pc+/- to get to 3 the cb preset I want pops up (it's a chorus based sound). If I then save using the IA store, or edit the preset on the pbc to use pc3 it says it's saving a value of 3, but then when I get out of the menu, get back to the presets and change to something else then back to preset 5, it still recalls pc 1 not 3. I have other presets that use different pc (4, 5, and 6 etc) and they seem to work fine, but preset 5 doesn't seem to recall the cb pc 3 correctly. I'm going to look at the preset using the editor instead of the the pbc itself to see if something is set incorrectly.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a PBC problem or warped vinyl problem. I also have a wombtone 2 which seems to be fine (though so far I've only made two presets). Any ideas?

I’m still confused as to how to set up the presets to pull up in the PBC. I have a Brothers on order so have not tried yet, but I think I get how to set a preset ON the pedal - but not how to pull those up IN the PBC as part of a song preset.

Ron - you mentioned earlier you were going to do a video on this?

Thanks!

Back