Compatibility with Pedalsnake

chemh0ser

Hey Guys,

I have an amp gizmo and and a pedalsnake with the 5-pin connectors. Does anyone know if I can connect the pedalsnake between the amp gizmo and the AC-4QTRS - 4 x 1/4" cable if i need to change 4 functions using 2 TRS cables. I want to go this route to minimize cable runs on stage.

Thanks

As long as the Pedalsnake passes all 6 wires (5 + the shield) of the MIDI connector thru, you'll be able to use the first 5 switches of the 4QTRS cable. (That means the red plug, the blue plug and the tip conductor of the white plug). If it doesn't pass all of the conductors, you'll have less switches available. If the shield isn't connected thru, then it's not going to work at all.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe the Pedalsnake passes the shield, even on the white channel. The white channel is essentially a starquad + ground cable (5-pin MIDI cable), while the other three are like standard 3-connector 5-pin MIDI cables. There are only 14 lines in a 4-channel Pedalsnake and 23 lines in a 7-channel Pedalsnake.

Why would you be wanting your Amp Gizmo on your pedalboard anyway? Just run MIDI to it from your floorboard, and sit the Amp Gizmo on top of your amp.

It is mounted under my pedalboard, I dont like to have equipment sitting on my amp unsecured. I want to minimize the amount of cable running on the stage, I just want the one pedalsnake.

Back