Connecting Hughes and kettner triamp3 to gt22

tri- amp

I tried following the directions in the manual of the gt22 and tri amp ,I just can’t get seem to figure it out.I don’t know what I am doing.Any advice.

Omni mode should always be off, it causes more problems than it solves.

In the Devices setup, add a Generic device and set it to whatever MIDI channel the amp is set to. Make sure the two are connected using a MIDI cable. Then, follow the programming process in the Triamp manual, you can assign a different channel to each preset on the GT.

Omni mode should always be off, it causes more problems than it solves. In the Devices setup, add a Generic device and set it to whatever MIDI channel the amp is set to. Make sure the two are connected using a MIDI cable. Then, follow the programming process in the Triamp manual, you can assign a different channel to each preset on the GT.
Omni mode should always be off, it causes more problems than it solves. In the Devices setup, add a Generic device and set it to whatever MIDI channel the amp is set to. Make sure the two are connected using a MIDI cable. Then, follow the programming process in the Triamp manual, you can assign a different channel to each preset on the GT.

I turned off Omni mode and set the channels to match on the tri amp and g-22.My diezel Vh4 and two effect gizmo’s respond very easily.In the tri amp manual it say’s to press the midi learn button once on the amp,then press something on my controller (g22) to save it .This seem to be my issue.The vh4 and effect gizmo’save presets themselves.Thanks again for your support.

Is the Triamp the last in your MIDI chain? If so, try plugging it directly into the Mastermind's MIDI output and see if that helps.

What I was I was trying to say in my previous post is that both my vh4 and the effect gizmo have their own feature to save a preset.Where as the tri amp’s manual say’s to press the midi learn bottom once then use my controller (g-22) to save a preset.But mainly I can’t get the g-22 to recognize the tri amp at all.

What I was I was trying to say in my previous post is that both my vh4 and the effect gizmo have their own feature to save a preset.Where as the tri amp’s manual say’s to press the midi learn bottom once then use my controller (g-22) to save a preset.But mainly I can’t get the g-22 to recognize the tri amp at all.
It's really the other way around - the Triamp isn't seeing the commands from the GT. In standard MIDI, the MIDI controller has no idea what's connected to it, it just sends messages without any indication if they're being received by anything.

Is your GT able to control the Effect Gizmo successfully, and if so, are you able to control it alongside the Triamp? What I'm trying to figure out is - is the GT not sending or is the Triamp not receiving?

I was just saying the vh-4 has a store button and the gizmo has the write button.The Triamp doesn’t seem to have that function ,like it expects the midi controller to do that.Is there a function on the gt-22 I am overlooking to save a preset?

There's a MIDI Learn button on the Triamp that performs the same function. From the Triamp manual:

Programming TriAmp Mark 3 really couldn’t be any easier. If you want to save a configuration of channel, boost on/off, noise gate on/off, FX loop on/off and power amp tubes in a preset, simply activate the settings you want using the buttons on the amp, arm the amp by briefly pressing the MIDI Learn button (Learn will light up), and then press the appropriate switch on your MIDI board that you want to recall this configuration. The Learn light will switch off, which tells you that TriAmp Mark 3 has saved your settings to one of the 128 internal preset slots and assigned it to a program number on your MIDI board.

Now, when TriAmp Mark 3 receives a program change message via the selected MIDI channel (more on this below), Learn flashes briefly and TriAmp is configured accordingly.

I have done this.The learn light never switches off.I was trying to ask you what the “appropriate button “ might be.

The Learn button on the tri amp is different then my DIEZEL.On my Diezel I just hold the store button and it saves the preset.The triamp learn button is pressed lights up and then it say’s I press a button on my controller then the light goes off.No matter what button I press it doesn’t go off.That’s why I was asking specifically what button on the mastermind I should be pressing.I tried pressing all the obvious ones.

You should be selecting a preset on the GT. That will get it to send a PC message to the Triamp (assuming that MIDI channels are set up correctly).

Back