Controlling AMP and CAB with Send on Preset Change from MMGT

Budro Thedog

I have an IA switch that I use to engage a loop on my effect gizmo to send my signal to an amp. I also have the IA setup to turn off the AXE AMP and CAB blocks when I turn on my real amp so it doesnt mess up the sound.

AXE-FXIII: Amp 1/ CC Toggle #58 off:127 on:0
AXE-FXIII: Cab 1/ CC Toggle #62 off:127 on:0

Everything works great when I press the I/A switch. However, when I change presets, I run into an issue where the amp and cab blocks of the new axe preset are not turned off, even though the IA on the MMGT has "send on preset change" on.

Currently for that IA, I have the Update On Preset Change should be OFF and Send on Preset Change On.

Is there a way to have the midi cc's sent to the Axe when I change presets so the axe amp and cab module turn off?

Attachments

• mmgt.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Update on Preset Change also needs to be turned on. If it's turned on, the buttons will control the Axe-Fx when you change presets. If it's turned off, the opposite is true: the Axe-Fx will control the buttons.

Thanks, I thought I tried that. However the state of the IA then changed when I changed presets. Is there a way to have the IA state remain ON when I switch presets and have the CCs sent to the axe?

Thanks, I thought I tried that. However the state of the IA then changed when I changed presets. Is there a way to have the IA state remain ON when I switch presets and have the CCs sent to the axe?
You could try turning off Update on Preset Change and inserting another action at the top of the list, like this:

System / Step
Axe-Fx II:Amp 1 CC Toggle
Axe-Fx II:Cab 1 CC Toggle

The System / Step action does nothing, but the GT makes decisions based on the first action in the list. If an Axe-Fx action isn't at the top of the list, the button will no longer pay attention to status changes from the Axe-Fx.

I set up a workaround, I just created another IEA switch that controls just the amp and cab blocks on the axe.

Back