Controlling Strymon Timeline

Thanks so much for this video, Ron. Can't wait to get mine all set up.

Thanks for the video Ron. I've followed it through and got all the switches as you have done. But I'm not sure on the process to kick the looper function in. Do I put the Timeline in the Looper mode on the pedal itself and then control via the PBC? I tried this but didn't manage to get things working.

You can just start using the looper functions, it should just start working. But, if you want the Timeline to actually show the looper status, you'll need to activate the looper on the Timeline itself - there doesn't seem to be any way to enable the looper display via MIDI.

I don't mind that the looper display doesn't show on the Timeline. But when I go to the Page 4 Buttons set-up as your video explains whatever Preset I'm currently in just shuts off and the PBC doesn't appear to be 'talking' (via MIDI) to the Timeline at all. I followed your set-up video step by step but something's not connecting right...

Just in case you were going to get back to me...some perseverance and I've gotten things worked out now so all good. Thanks again for the video upload.

Sorry about that, sometimes I get buried in tech support and can't dig out fast enough - glad to hear it's working though!

Hi Ron, Mikey here.
Any idea how to set up a couple of buttons to control the Looper Level? Ie. hold one button for volume increase and hold another button for volume decrease?

There's no way to do that currently. You can set a button to cycle through specific values, as many as four with an IA cycle button, but there isn't yet a way to press to increment / press to decrement. An expression pedal is the only way to get a full range of adjustment.

Can I assign the recording button to also do the overdub when pressed a second time. How about the play loop to re-trigger the loop.

Currently, the buttons can only do what Strymon's MIDI implementation allows. One day, if I can implement some fancy logic in the PBC we could do some tricks to have a button do multiple functions, but for now we're stuck with what we have.

These are features that are already available on the Timeline and just was wondering if you can achieve them by using the PBC.

I could be wrong, but I think the key in Ron's response is "the buttons can only do what Strymon's MIDI implementation allows". The Strymon buttons do those functions, but are there midi commands the Strymon recognize that do that same functions?

Can I assign the recording button to also do the overdub when pressed a second time. How about the play loop to re-trigger the loop.

I just tried this with a PBC and Timeline and I can get the play button on the PBC to retrigger the loop. Pressing Record the first time will start recording, pressing it again will switch to dub. Subsequent presses will switch between dub and play. There doesn't appear to be any single MIDI command that will make the pedal switch between dub and record once recording has started. You need to press stop, then press record to record a new loop.

Sorry for the lack of a clear answer before, it's been ages since I've messed with the Timeline looper and I didn't remember its exact range capabilities.

Just in case you were going to get back to me...some perseverance and I've gotten things worked out now so all good. Thanks again for the video upload.
Hi poole. I'm having the same problem...looper doesn't seem to engage when I go to page 4 and his record. Can you please tell me how you fixed it? Thanks.

Back