Editing the Triaxis via PBC - anyone tried it?

Wheresthedug

I've just had another thought and wonder if it's possible?

The Triaxis has 8 modes which can be stepped through by pushing a button on the front panel. It works but is clunky. It would be awesome if you could set up a button page on PBC with one button assigned to each Triaxis mode.

In addition to the pre amp mode select there is and external switch button which stepps through 30 different on/off combinations for FX loop and switches to control the 2:ninety power amp's modes. I only use 3 or 4 of these modes with any frequency so it would be grteat to be able to assign them to individual buttons on the PBC so that I could select all of these options much faster when programming new sounds.

The Triaxis firmware was written in the 90's and I don't think it assigns CC numbers to the mode or switch select. If it does, I don't know how to find them.

The Triaxas can send and receive Sysex Dumps and I know someone previously wrote an editor program for it but I don't think this runs on Mac or 64bit windows. Could it be viable to send Sysex data from PBC to Triaxis to achieve the desired result?

I'm only a mere guyitarist so midi is like a foreign language at the moment ;-)

Just incase anyone else wants to know the answer. I heard back from Mesa and they said "that would be a really cool feature but unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. Only gain, treble. mid, bass, lead drive......... can currently be controlled by midi"

Back