Effect Gizmo and Line Mixer

Dani

Hi,
I´m a bit confused about how to use the Mini Line Mixer with my EG. Does the EG really split the signal internally? And is it split galvanically? Always thought I need an extra Splitter for that to avoid humming loops?

I have 3 Delays and 1 Reverb (all set to kill-dry) in my FX-Loop and want to use them in parallel. I found this on your HP:
http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiring/MLM/EG_8 ... rallel.pdf
Can I do it like that with all 4 of my Effects? (I don`t need the dry signal)

Is there also a way to use the Loops 1-8 for that? The Loops 9-12 are used to switch my amps channels right now ...

Greetings,
Daniel

If you don't plug anything into a loop's return, the loop becomes a splitter. When the loop is off, the input is routed to the output. The send is grounded. When the loop is on, the input is routed to both the output and the send.

There are no isolation transformers in the Effect Gizmo, so any transformers would need to be external. Typically, you won't need any between the Mini Line Mixer and Effect Gizmo.

Loops 1-8 can be used in the same way, just connect the sends to your effect inputs and the effect outputs to the mixer. Leave the Effect Gizmo returns open.

Hi,
Thanks for your answer! I just bought one here at your german Dealer "Looper's Paradise" and it works perfect. The Gizmo splits the signal just as you described it and there ist no extra humming even in high-gain settings when using the Line Mixer. Even all the delays with the reverb together: it just sounds brilliant. Great work as always RJM!

Back