Effects Loop Delay/Problem

u182155

I am using a few pedals in front of the amp and these are going into the first few loops of the effects gizmo. I am then running my loop rack effects from loops 5 and beyond.

A have a few different amps. When I run my Bogner Ecstasy 101b this works fine and sounds great. My setup is close to what is listed in the diagram below.

If I use my Friedman BE100 or either of my Marshall's, I get this delayed signal. ie I hit a note/chord and it is a noticeable delay until the sound comes out.

When I contact Friedman he said:"
ok first you should put the click stopper before the front of the amp.. Also you will have a ground loop the way you are running it.. After a click stopper you should have a isolation transformer into the front of the amp.

Attachments

• EG_2Pedals_5Series.pdf
    412.3 KB · Views: 1
The Click Stopper is only a suspect if the problem happens only at the exact moment you're turning loops on and off. If you're getting a delayed signal while just playing, then have a look at your delay settings. The delay is probably set to 100% wet or "kill dry", which makes only the delayed signal come out the output. The Ecstasy's effect loop can be set to parallel, which would mix some of the dry (non-delayed) signal back in. The Friedman amps have series effect loops, which don't mix the dry signal back in. That's probably why one works and the other doesn't.

Back