El Cap Auto Tap Issue

so I have a modded Strymon El Cap with tap tempo jack. Dan with T1M did the mod. When I was running with a Selah Quartz it would work fine. I know the PBC 6x can do this as well so I decided to forgo the quartz and use the PBC. However the El Cap is not responding to the Auto Tap sent out from the PBC. I have a TS cable sent from FNC1/2 jack to El Cap Tap (I’ve tried TRS as well with same results) have the function switch active, set to momentary and set up the macro to auto on/off. 100 msec with 4 taps. Anything I’m not thinking of? I’ve attached my PBC file for reference. Thanks

Attachments

• PBC6x 4-14-19.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
I got auto-tap working with an external tap-modded Brigadier a while back, and your settings look identical to mine, so I don't think the problem is there. I do notice that on page 3 you have a button for the Function Switch #1, and it's set to send on preset change. I'd uncheck that option (and probably the IA link too) and see if it works.

Thanks I’ll check that out. I know the the pedal works because it worked with a Quartz so I’m thinking it’s gotta be something I’m not doing on the PBC

On your Global tab, you have FN1 selected as ON (highlighted blue)...I'm not sure, but I don't think it's supposed to be. Trying turning that back off.

Shouldn’t the function switch be activated for it to work?

There is no such thing as "activation". You either need something ON, or you leave it OFF. No need to "activate" within the program. What you did by clicking that is make it so that the FN1 comes ON by default for every preset. It can't ever go off, b/c you have its state always ON.

What that is used for is if you wanted something ON by default and then later you could force it off for a particular preset or scenario. For example. My reverb is nearly always on and in Loop 10 on my PBC. So I clicked that box for L10. That makes it on by default for every preset. If I happen to create one where it should be off, then I override it and turn it off for that one preset. This way I don't have to click to turn it on for every one of the 300+ presets I have created.

Try it...my money's on that.

Back