Ernie ball 6180 volume pedals

Has anybody used these pedals with the mastermind, I have had cables made up that switch the trs tips but the pedals don't seems to be communicating with the mastermind, I think I must be doing something silly, just to confirm I run the modded trs cable from out on the ernie ball to pedal be on the mastermind?

Yes the Ernie Ball VP jr. 6180 will work

you need a "Y" insert cable with 2 TS (mono) ends and 1 TRS (stereo) end.
Then plug the 2 TS ends into the input and output of the Ernie. The TRS goes to the GT

Ron talks about it in the first post toword the bottom of the "expression pedals" thread.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=635

Good Luck!

P.S. In calibration it seems a little jumpy in the middle. It didn't seem to be a problem in use with effects.
I guess it would depend on what you use it for.
Since you already have the Ernie, those "Y" cables you can find for like 8 bucks so I'd highly recommend trying it out

great stuff,

since speaking to Ron, i have bought the cables and there working great. All this programming is a big change from my normal setup up od one amp two channels and a delay unit. I am running my mastermind gt into my axe fx 2 xl+ and my kemper. lots of head scratching going on and thing i cant seem to get my head around but im getting there :)

cool glad you got.

yeah I know what you mean
As soon as I figure out how to do something new
I grab my phone and shoot a video so I can have a future reference :lol:

That way 6 months later I'm not saying "wait how did I do that?"

Back