Erratic GT16 and Effects Gizmo loop switching

PaulClose

Hey guys, I have been struggling with my simple setup which includes the GT16, Axe FX2 and Effects Gizmo. I have eight scenes from the Axe setup as group one with the GT16 which are located on page one. All eight buttons work great with scene selection unlike my Effects Gizmo. The Gizmo is setup with my favorite pedals from my previous rig and they are physically connected and working properly as far as signal chain. The issue I am having is that when I change a scene the loops that were chosen will not activate unless I hit the button twice on my GT16. This does not happen every time I change though and leaves me thinking that there is an option on the GT which may solve this issue. Can ya help me?! New guy here...

I'm going to need to see your settings in order to make meaningful suggestions. Please save a file from the editor and attach it here, or email to support at rjmmusic dot com

I'm going to need to see your settings in order to make meaningful suggestions. Please save a file from the editor and attach it here, or email to support at rjmmusic dot com

I hope this is the correct file that you are looking for. Thanks RJM!

Attachments

• gt16july.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Turn off "Send Off Messages" for group 1. When that's turned on, both the button that's turned on and the button that's turned off will send their messages. That's where the conflict is coming from.

Thanks for the advice. I believe that I may have not explained my situation properly though. The Effects Gizmo is not in the (scenes) group with my Axe FX2. I would like to keep them separate if at all possible. My understanding is that I could use the Axe scenes and also pick and choose which loop from the Gizmo to be included in each scene by using the same button. Do I need to have a different methodology? As of right now by turning off the "Send Off Messages" I see that none of the loops ever turn off now when I change scenes. If I can get over this hurdle my rig will be darn magical. Thanks!

Every scene button has actions that control the Effect Gizmo, so effectively it is in the same group.

Here's an example. If you're on scene 3, loops 1, 2 and 4 are on. Now, you press scene 1. The scene 1 button says that loops 1, 2, and 3 are on, so it'll turn those loops on. The scene 3 button automatically turns off, which makes it turn off loops 1, 2 and 4. You'll end up with loop 3 on, but loops 1 and 2 turned off.

Likewise, if you did that with Send Off Messages turned off, you would start with loops 1, 2 and 4, then you press scene 1. Loops 1, 2 and 43will turn on (although loops 1 and 2 are already on). Nothing will tell loop 4 to turn off, so it remains on as well.

The answer is to have actions for each loop on each scene button. Scene 1 would look like this

Effect Gizmo:Loop 1 / CC Toggle #80 off:0 on:127
Effect Gizmo:Loop 2 / CC Toggle #81 off:0 on:127
Effect Gizmo:Loop 3 / CC Toggle #82 off:0 on:127
Effect Gizmo:Loop 4 / CC Toggle #83 off:0 on:0
Effect Gizmo:Loop 5 / CC Toggle #84 off:0 on:0

Scene 3 would look like this:

Effect Gizmo:Loop 1 / CC Toggle #80 off:0 on:127
Effect Gizmo:Loop 2 / CC Toggle #81 off:0 on:127
Effect Gizmo:Loop 3 / CC Toggle #82 off:0 on:0
Effect Gizmo:Loop 4 / CC Toggle #83 off:0 on:127
Effect Gizmo:Loop 5 / CC Toggle #84 off:0 on:0

I only showed 5 loops because that's all you're referenced in your configuration, but if you use more loops, you'll need to list them on every button.

Be sure to have Send Off Messages turned off for the group when you use this approach.

Back